UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What would a good 2014 season look like to you?

Since we're only a month out from the Holy Cross game, I was wondering what you guys think a positive step would look like this fall in the CAA? The first four games look very winnable to me but I'm sure they look very winnable to Holy Cross, CCSU, URI and Columbia too. Sat, Aug 30

6:00 PM ET espn_360_logo_55x14.gif Buy on StubHub Sat, Sept 6

6:00 PM ET Buy on StubHub Sat, Sept 20

1:00 PM ET Buy on StubHub Sat, Sept 27

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Oct 4

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Oct 11

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Oct 18

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Oct 25

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Nov 1

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Nov 8

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Nov 15

TBD Buy on StubHub Sat, Nov 22

TBD

With a very weak non-conference schedule, if we have ANY improvement over last year I still think .500 Is possible.

We did beat Colgate last year, and now have them at home; Holy Cross lost to Colgate last year; we lost to CCSU in the last minute after missing a chip-shot FG; and Columbia is...well...Columbia. Then there's Rhode Island, who we lost to in overtime after we missed an extra point in regulation, and Delaware where we lost in the last minutes after leading most of the fourth quarter (and not getting an extra point). We also played Maine pretty even despite three turnovers (and another missed XP).

Hoping that by having a near-full roster of scholarships for more depth and an improved kicking game will turn those losses around.

We should be able to win all of our OOC games. Smart schedule for a new coach. 4-0 would be beautiful and would give us some momentum.

Rhode Island is winnable. Stony Brook is possible. The rest would be awesome to get any wins.

BTW I'm assuming Colgate is homecoming? If so, another great scheduling job.

Plus I love the 3:30 games. Gives me time to get something done in e morning, travel up and still get 2 hours of tailgating and get home at a reasonable hour. It's great for kids and families.

Plus I love the 3:30 games. Gives me time to get something done in e morning, travel up and still get 2 hours of tailgating and get home at a reasonable hour. It's great for kids and families.

October 11 vs. Richmond is Homecoming.

October 11 vs. Richmond is Homecoming.

Not a good choice....Richmond is going to be very strong....

Is Fiacchi running the show this year?

Yes. Coach Gattuso spoke very highly of him at the golf outing. Said he has improved leaps and bounds over what he saw on film from last year. I also thought he threw the ball well in the spring game.

The offense has changed towards more of a style that fits his skill set.

Edited by danefan

With a very weak non-conference schedule, if we have ANY improvement over last year I still think .500 Is possible.

We did beat Colgate last year, and now have them at home; Holy Cross lost to Colgate last year; we lost to CCSU in the last minute after missing a chip-shot FG; and Columbia is...well...Columbia. Then there's Rhode Island, who we lost to in overtime after we missed an extra point in regulation, and Delaware where we lost in the last minutes after leading most of the fourth quarter (and not getting an extra point). We also played Maine pretty even despite three turnovers (and another missed XP).

Hoping that by having a near-full roster of scholarships for more depth and an improved kicking game will turn those losses around.

I'm on board with this. If we're celebrating a win on Nov. 22nd and a .500 record I'm considering that a good year.

Including a 4-0 start they should manage 2 CAA wins and also beat Colgate. CAA wins-Rhode Island and SBU. SBU has lost a lot. And I don't know why this is underlined and too busy/lazy to find out why. They should blow out CCSU and Columbia.

Edited by Ruler