UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Board Headline

GreatDanes06

It is definitely too big for my browser. I use firefox with 125% zoom because my optimal screen resolution is very high which makes text almost too small to read. The new banner extends way too far and causes a left to right scroll when I'm reading posts and it's a bit annoying.

Edited by DanesRGood

Folks, I just want to reiterate some things.

I am VERY grateful that this forum exists and is free for all to use. DP deserves a round of applause for that. No one is 'complaining' about anything, just offering some suggestions for updates.

Benson has been growing our athletics program and as a result we got an updated look to the main UAlbany sports site some time ago...personally I'd like the same to happen to the fan community we all know and love. I don't think anyone (certainly not I) means any offense to DP by saying that or offering suggestions for an update or two. My background is in IT and I took more than my share of web/design classes while getting my B.S. in Informatics at UA...so I'm more than happy to assist with design, any possible technical issues that are lingering, maintenance, moderation...even costs (actually, I'm sure a few of us would be willing to help on that front).

HOWEVER...

I have zero intention of stepping on DP's toes. Whether DP uses my photoshop creations is ENTIRELY up to him. Again, it HIS site so it's HIS rules.

The reason why I bumped this thread: I just noticed that out of the blue he changed the banner to one I had created some time ago but I noticed it didn't look right so I decided to update it.

-------------------------------

That being said, I decided to do further updates to the banner and updated the FB picture and the SEFCU picture (to show off our new scoreboard). I also updated the Damien logo to be the purple 'official' alternate not the blue one that some spots on the internet use.

DP, if you want, feel free to use either of these:

bZ0q9rO.png

0qLTMNs.png

Edited by Eli
  • Like 3

I have zero intention of stepping on DP's toes. Whether DP uses my photoshop creations is ENTIRELY up to him. Again, it HIS site so it's HIS rules.

The reason why I bumped this thread: I just noticed that out of the blue he changed the banner to one I had created some time ago but I noticed it didn't look right so I decided to update it.

--

No offense taken at all. New banner is up! Thanks for creating it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

DP, can you change the banner to the one below? I've updated some of the photos and figured out how to determine the necessary proportions for the actual site so now it shouldn't look off kilter anymore and will look like it belongs. It's transparent so right now it looks like a white background but it'll be blue once you upload it. Figured we could use a little tweak as we gear up for a new academic year and year of sports.

Thanks!

1HTkTML.png

Here is how it should look once you update (don't know why I didn't realize I could mock up the live site using Chrome developer tools):

Before (looks very poor IMO with multiple shades of blue, not sized correctly, etc.):

bsTSqWy.png

After:

ZYEAgMd.png

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Dane Pound said:

Also, good luck to EBH wherever he ends up. It may be petty but I've replaced him with Mofor in the BPF banner.

Speaking of banners...any chance we can update it to one of the new ones above which matches the background to get rid of that hideous border of my earlier version? Not sure what I was thinking hahaha :).

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would put this here.  Down here in my community in NC, many folks have a garden flag of their alma mater usually on a flag holder under mailbox by street.   Of course the UA bookstore does not carry such a thing, at least online they don't.   Found this site, www.qqflags.com that makes them and only $7 including shipping from China.  You get to choose text on both sides.. I chose Great Danes on one and Alumni on the other.  Let you know how it looks when it arrives.

20190218_151345.jpg

• Like 2