UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Season ticket renewals.

Chairbacks up $50, because of $iena. I don't think so. I would not pay $50 courtside or even $20 endzone @ the tu; and I would certainly not pay $50 to see them @ Sefcu either. Benson and company better have something MORE than $iena to offer if they want another $100 (2 seats) from me.

I've downsized football because of an OVER 50% increase in the seats I have @ Casey since day one. And now a 1/3 increase in basketball. I've had my seats since the RACC opened; donate another $500 yearly (over & above tickets purchases); and I for one am insulted. Sell the place out consistently and upgrade the facility then maybe reasonable % increases would be fair. I currently do NOT see UA athletics as a "best value." and this is from someone who has been supporting them going on 50 years!

• Like 2

I added my second post about it being the best value around because I didn't want it to seem like I was complaining.

My seats on Syracuse would be $820 each plus a $10,000 donation payable over 5 years. I know UA is not Syracuse, but from a value perspective there is nothing like that.If you have good seats, I bet you could get $100 each for them if you sell to a $iena fan and you end up ahead.

It's $100 increase for 2 seats at 10-12 home games. Thats only a couple bucks a seat a game. Seems cheap to me.

• Like 1

I look at it this way: I paid $200 for MB and WB in 2015-2016 and now have the option of buying just the MB for $210 ($10 of which is a processing fee). I don't go to the girls games. So, hardly an increase. Obviously I could buy the girls tickets for $60 and consider it a donation to 'athletics'.

Edited by Eli

How much are Siena season tickets? Anyone know? Not that I'd buy them, I'm just curious.

2016-17-seating-chart-041916.jpg

Looks like you can't buy garbage bag seats lol.

Siena Women's Basketball

Adult Chairback Seats $70 Kid (12 and under) $30 *Courtside Seating $100

Edited by MRSGDG

Thanks. Not sure if comparable seats to mine would be in the front of the green or in the 'premium' seating program (4th row, center court) but it looks like UA is still much cheaper than $iena. So again, best value around. I'm glad only 1 person has complained about the increase so far. The only way UA will have the budget to move up is to charge a more normal amount for seats...

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

As long as people are willing to pay the 33% increase that's great, but once season ticket holders cancel their plans then UA has quickly priced themselves out. The reserved bleacher seats are now going to be $20 a pop for walk-ups on game day?

For me the problem is not the price per se. It is the fact that we are trying to build/upgrade the program. We DO NOT sell out now. We rarely/never bring in any interesting OCC opponents [i know how difficult this is to do, but sadly it is a fact]. The sefcu needs to be more welcoming and needs a major overhaul {I for one would gladly contribute to a campaign aka like I and a lot of others did to get bofo/Casey built; rather than just blindly pay more for seats.} The % increase is NOT aligned with inflationary trends, expansion or confrence/program upgrades. We are NOT selling out the place now and increasing the cost does not seem to be a great marketing tool {When I was in marketing, you used sales and discount to promote.} And my last issue is no "loyalty" or advantage is offered to long time season ticket holders and supporters. Someone mentioned SU and I do not know if it still holds true today, but @ one time their ticket/donation package was scaled for new & existing customer {of course when you have a product in DEMAND, you can do that.} In any case to continue to build the program on the backs of those of us who have been paying for it for years, without some recognition is hurtful.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 4

We have also reduced the number of football season tickets (from 6 to 2) and it looks like we will drop from 4 to 2 for basketball season tickets for the men. I agree with dslyank - I see no effort from Athletics to increase ticket sales. In fact, I see the moves they are making as an impediment to growing the fan base that buys a ticket and shows up to spectate. I am being asked to renew my season tickets at a 33% increase with ZERO explanation of why the increase is so large.

• Like 1

For me the problem is not the price per se. It is the fact that we are trying to build/upgrade the program. We DO NOT sell out now. We rarely/never bring in any interesting OCC opponents [i know how difficult this is to do, but sadly it is a fact]. The sefcu needs to be more welcoming and needs a major overhaul {I for one would gladly contribute to a campaign aka like I and a lot of others did to get bofo/Casey built; rather than just blindly pay more for seats.} The % increase is NOT aligned with inflationary trends, expansion or confrence/program upgrades. We are NOT selling out the place now and increasing the cost does not seem to be a great marketing tool {When I was in marketing, you used sales and discount to promote.} And my last issue is no "loyalty" or advantage is offered to long time season ticket holders and supporters. Someone mentioned SU and I do not know if it still holds true today, but @ one time their ticket/donation package was scaled for new & existing customer {of course when you have a product in DEMAND, you can do that.} In any case to continue to build the program on the backs of those of us who have been paying for it for years, without some recognition is hurtful.

I agree with this which is why I don't think I'll be giving the extra $60 (for the WB tickets) blindly to the University AD. We have yet to hear of any concrete plans in 2, 4, 6 or even 10 years of renovations, new buildings, etc. All we have is some 'talk' and 'rumors'. We had that one document from like 2010 which mentioned field houses, etc. but no other word. It's already been like 5-6 years since that 'info' was discovered, if you will. We all know that SEFCU is getting long in the tooth and we are getting left in the literal dust by our fellow AE schools who are getting nice new homes for their BB programs. Eventually this will hurt us on recruiting and we will start to lose kids to the other AE schools. We can only tout championships for so long...kids want nice places to play.

Although I don't like LCC...the TU is a bit nicer. ALL the seats have backs (although I don't know if it's just me but the room between my knee and the seat in front seems MUCH better at SEFCU), the food is better, etc. Of course they'll charge more. I used to buy a hot dog every game at SEFCU...but now I won't half the time because they are usually luke warm or even cooled already. The chicken fingers are garbage. No burgers. Popcorn is usually barely warm also (nothing beats freshly popped popcorn). The only thing I buy there now is just candy and a soda/water most of the time because you can't really mess that up.

If they don't improve the small stuff like that...as DSL says, they will eventually price themselves out because fair weather fans won't go for that. They need to tread carefully. Not all season ticket holders are as dedicated as some of us who bleed Purple and Gold. Some will stop paying for the tickets at a moments notice.

That's not even mentioning parking and the lack of basic tech to manage it (such as reading CC's). There is so many small things that if you add them all up...I can see why we don't sell out more often. It's slowly getting better...but costs have been rising quicker then the quality of service, etc.

Edited by Eli

Also for comparison, LAST year's tickets at Stony Brook, which sold 85% capacity

Center Court $280 ($230 + $50 donation)

Sideline $225

Corners $175

Endzones $150

VIP Lounge(includes food & beverage) SOLD OUT

Courtside (includes food & beverage) SOLD OUT

Not doubt these will go up next year too

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this. I did not get the email nor have I heard back yet from the ticket office on changing the number of my football tickets,

As far as prices, LCC isn't really a good comparison. They are vastly overpriced compared to their peers in the lowly maac and other local sports in the area. Personally when I am not at Albany games, any other area games are better value than LCC. Division 2 St Rose is about $5 per game. RPI hockey is around $10 - $12 a game as is Union hockey

Edited by bob87