UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (3-2) - Albany Cup 2016 - Sun 11/27 @ 7PM

Eli

Hmmm What is it with this whine about parking cost? What do the parking garages around the T-U cost? I seem to remember dropping a $10 spot when I parked there...... (And had to schlep drums in from there for several of the 1st years. ) A rewarding night to be a Great Dane fan!

The last game I attended the LCC game held at the Times Union, I made the mistake of parking in the garage attached to the center. It took me over 45 minutes to leave that building. With all the money that the game brings in, the organizers could/should have paid someone to direct traffic out of the garage. There was very little traffic on the roads out of the building, but we had to wait for the light to flash green before leaving. There's no such problem leaving any UA lots. You have to pay to have that privilege. Just another example of whiners versus winners.

Someone named "Rock" just posted on the Times Union site about the game complained that the game should ALWAYS be played at the TUC. His point is that 4000-5000 fans will be shut out. I think his complaint is shallow. We here know that tickets were available for the SEFCU game up to two days before the game (maybe even closer), He and his fellow fans had more than ample opportunity to attend the game, but only -- according to estimates on this site and the Siena fans site -- only about 1000 of their fans bothered to attend. That means that 5000-6000 of their normal fans couldn't bring themselves to get to SEFCU. The argument should be that our fans should have equal opportunity to attend the game. Rock's argument runs very shallow.

Hmmm What is it with this whine about parking cost? What do the parking garages around the T-U cost? I seem to remember dropping a $10 spot when I parked there...... (And had to schlep drums in from there for several of the 1st years. ) A rewarding night to be a Great Dane fan!

Not to mention that the walk where I used to park (closer to the DMV) is not much better than the walk from Dutch. I still don't think we should be charging to park in Dutch, personally, but that's whatever. I just was shocked to see them throwing around the handicap thing...I'd be absolutely shocked if UA did something like that and I think even our sometimes silly ticket people wouldn't be dumb enough to do that.

If you read their board, one of the posts (Papi) talked about them losing because it is hard to win on the road.

Kind of funny that the same thread is pushing for the game being at TU every year for the fans and saying that since the game is in the city of Albany it's still kind of a home game for UA. Wasn't this still kind of a home game for LCC?

• Like 1

If you read their board, one of the posts (Papi) talked about them losing because it is hard to win on the road.

Kind of funny that the same thread is pushing for the game being at TU every year for the fans and saying that since the game is in the city of Albany it's still kind of a home game for UA. Wasn't this still kind of a home game for LCC?

It might help them accept the loss if they admitted to themselves that we're a pretty good team (program.)

That Penn State win is looking a little better as they knocked off George Washington on the road the other day.

It might help them accept the loss if they admitted to themselves that we're a pretty good team (program.)

That Penn State win is looking a little better as they knocked off George Washington on the road the other day.

DP

As long as they lose I don't need them to accept the loss.

Actually it is fun watching them fall apart after the myth of a strong LCC and a strong maac is shown to be false :)

• Like 1

the Saints had/have a major athleticism advantage over our boys overall...was very proud how ours played overall and handled their athleticism...Saints don't have any offensive plays other than freelance and WE ran our sets almost all possessions except for the few breakouts we had...Patsos is still and always will be a clown and make the game about him..so glad he's with them...our backcourt is gonna have a great year....

Can someone explain to the dummies on the Siena site that the lot close to the arena is the VIP lot and is $20 for EVERYONE and not just for handicap parking only? They want to report it to the media!!!! haha. Wonderful entertainment over there.

Are they referring to the one by the circle? The gravel one? The SEFCU/Casey lot is limited to, basically, GDAC members and donors if I understand correctly so a Siena fan, who has no prior purchase history, wouldn't have enough points to even get their grimy car in there.

Edited by Eli

Great Gazette coverage today. Article by Mark McGuire highlights Nichols as being ice cold, as in ice in his veins and Clareth being fiery and hot/cold. He also gets a jab in on Patsos regarding getting teed up at an inopportune time while saying the program needs to grow up. A level headed Nichols bodes well for 16-18. Also notes how he pulled Cremo away when Nico tried to kill himself on the basket supports and Joe went to help. Must be the big city attitude.

Great Gazette coverage today. Article by Mark McGuire highlights Nichols as being ice cold, as in ice in his veins and Clareth being fiery and hot/cold. He also gets a jab in on Patsos regarding getting teed up at an inopportune time while saying the program needs to grow up. A level headed Nichols bodes well for 16-18. Also notes how he pulled Cremo away when Nico tried to kill himself on the basket supports and Joe went to help. Must be the big city attitude.

Yeah I didn't quite get that. Why didn't David want Joe near Nico?

They mentioned on the TW broadcast as well. McGuire says: " In the second half, as Cremo approached Clareth pooled beneath the basket after the goaltending, Nichols pushed his teammate away. No helping. No confrontations. Next play. Keep it cold." So just keep your focus, don't get too high or too low. Nichols says it's a conscious effort to remain focused.

They mentioned on the TW broadcast as well. McGuire says: " In the second half, as Cremo approached Clareth pooled beneath the basket after the goaltending, Nichols pushed his teammate away. No helping. No confrontations. Next play. Keep it cold." So just keep your focus, don't get too high or too low. Nichols says it's a conscious effort to remain focused.

Ahh okay. Makes a little more sense.