UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018 Albany Lacrosse Schedule

Did we ever find out the changes to John Fallon Field? What could possibly take two years?

Anyone have any insight into this? I'm on pins and needles here. I love me some good construction info.

Maybe we can build a building around it and make it the field house.

Hey Brutus you still out there? How about a hint; why is it going to take two years to replace the turf @ Fallon??????

Edited by dslyank

Ridiculous. ESPNU came out with their TV schedule and UA is not in any game. I would have thought either the Cuse, Maryland, or Yale game would be covered. But Hopkins, whom they love, is on 10 games.

That's some serious bull$iena. We're the number 2 or 3 team in the country in every poll.

hopkins conceivably could lose more than ½ of their espnu games. They have been barely more than .500 team the past several years; and when they have made the tournament it was more often than not "an old guard mentality" selection and an early exit. God I hope we make the final four, I am so sick of these ncaa & media snobs. In the Thompsons' era, subsequently, and even before, UA has more than proved itself on the field and to lacrosse fans country and even world wide!

Edited by dslyank

Ridiculous. ESPNU came out with their TV schedule and UA is not in any game. I would have thought either the Cuse, Maryland, or Yale game would be covered. But Hopkins, whom they love, is on 10 games.

That's some serious bull$iena. We're the number 2 or 3 team in the country in every poll.

During the UNC game, Quint Kessenich called us a mid major about a dozen times. He toned it down a bit in the week afterwards but my guess is that’s the perception regardless of what the polls say.

I caught most of the game, but had to leave before it ended. It was hard to say how long the Colgate front line players were in, but I was talking with a Colgate parent, and Albany definitely pulled the starters much sooner than Colgate.

For a first scrimmage the attack looked sharper than one might expect.

My only concern and something that will have to be worked out over the next couple of weeks on offense is more production from the midfield. If anyone other than McClancy and S Eccles can be a threat from the midfield than watch out. There is some potential there, but trying to temper expectations that would be my one comment.

We have a stable of strong goalies which is going to provide a lot of competition.

Starting defense looked pretty good. I still think the entire face off unit, when TD doesn't win it clean needs to take it up a notch.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

Thanks. Before TD, we always had a mediocre FO guy and weak wings to come in to get a loose ball. TD spoiled us last year winning so many FO's but still the wings coming in for a loose ball on FO he didnt win were not good. Marr has to figure that out still.

I saw the whole game and here are some observations for what it is worth:

Obviously pretty sloppy @ times--cold, maybe wearing too much clothing {restricted movement,} and first time facing someone other than themselves.-- a number of bad passes and difficultly picking ground balls.

As mentioned above FO's when TD does not win clean, need work (it is almost like UA wings exspect TD to win and are slow reacting when he does not?) TD's backups are rated pretty solid on their bios, but did not show much yesterday. FO seemed a point of emphasis for Colgate, which might have not been part of our concern @ this point (because of TD's success history)??

I was a disappointed in our man down D {a real strength last year--I think we finished #1 in the country.} Colgate was 3 for 3 when up--once against first string and twice late when subs in.

more latter have to leave for now.

Edited by dslyank

cont'd

I am surprised no one so far has commented on Tehoka. I thought he did ok but very much looked the part of a "freshman." Colgate made it an emphasis to harass and try to frustrate him; and at times it did succeed. One particular play stands out for me. Tehoka was stripped of the ball and in the ensuing ground ball scrum, Tehoka made a full body dive onto the ground ball. He did not appear to be foul anyone, but the ref's called a penalty. For what I do not know--interference, delay???? I do not know if it was in frustration or just incredibly adept? (anyone saw this--thoughts appreciated).

A freshman who did impress for me was the younger Burgmaster. I am not sure if he scored a goal but he made some incredible passes and had at least one assist that would have been an espn highlight in a real game.

Noah Taylor a highly touted Freshman two years ago and a bit of an enigma the past two years looked good yesterday; including a a nice assist while being totally blasted by the defense. I think there were questions about his toughness and his defense (as a two way middie), but he seemed to respond well yesterday.

Connor looks in mid season form and appears to be able to score @ will; but sometimes too willing to pass first [which can be good or bad--just trying to get everyone involved I guess.]

Kyle Casey (Yorktown freshman) had a nice wrap around goal (I think our only goal in the fourth qtr) and has the size {6'4"} to be a factor ; but he definitely needs to hit the weight room. He also totally missed a couple of easy routine passes and had trouble picking ground balls (maybe because he is so tall?)

The funniest play of the day came when the Colgate goalie & defense some how thought the ball was coming in on the right (far) sideline. Laffin takes the ball in from the left with everyone on the Colgate sideline yelling the goalies name and everyone on UA & the stands yelling for Laffin to shoot. Laffin as surprised as could be (not a soul around him) hits the left post from 15 feet out while the goalie is standing at the right post staring in the totally opposite direction with +80% of the goal wide open. Well, like I said at the start, it was only a scrimmage, cold and sloppy.

Edited by dslyank