UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I finally have an Albany game near me ?

http://www.fbschedules.com/2016/09/central-michigan-open-2018-season-kentucky/

"Central Michigan has also added a home game against the Albany Great Danes. The game is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019 at Kelly/Shorts Stadium in Mount Pleasant."

Edited by Michigan_Dane

Not sure I understand this one. I don't know anything about scheduling strategies but you'd think we'd want to schedule P5 or AAC games because the guarantees are larger. Maybe you make an exception if the game will be in a prime prime recruiting area but Mount Pleasant Michigan isn't a recruiting area. Assuming the Central Michigan guarantee is roughly the same as Buffalo, the expenses would be much higher because they'd need a charter flight as opposed to taking a bus. Don't know what a charter costs but that's money that could be used for scholarships, amenities...

I understand Pitt and ODU - recruiting area and relationships hip with Gattuso and Benson, also understand Buffalo as the team can bus there.

I only think of this because there was Rhode Island article recently where the AD said his strategy was to schedule a P5 team every year because th guarantee was so important to their bottom line.

Couple of items:

1. There are only so many G5 and P5 games to go around.

2. We got a $350k check from Buffalo. I'd assume it would be about the same for Central, plus potentially travel expenses.

3. Michigan is an unreal recruiting area...with some tough kids. Opening that area up for recruiting is a big plus. That said, I think this is the lowest reason (in the pecking order) to have this game.

4. It could be a winnable game. Winning FBS games helps recruiting.

Certainly no complaints from me. A stadium I never have been to and probably wouldn't go to otherwise. A chance to beat a 1A or whatever the acronym is

Should be able to take 2 days off work. Make a long weekend and catch some baseball Friday to labor day

Only 650 miles, bob. Probably can pick up a game at the Big House or at Michigan State (both still TBA) on the way back.
  • Like 1

Not sure I understand this one. I don't know anything about scheduling strategies but you'd think we'd want to schedule P5 or AAC games because the guarantees are larger. Maybe you make an exception if the game will be in a prime prime recruiting area but Mount Pleasant Michigan isn't a recruiting area. Assuming the Central Michigan guarantee is roughly the same as Buffalo, the expenses would be much higher because they'd need a charter flight as opposed to taking a bus. Don't know what a charter costs but that's money that could be used for scholarships, amenities...

I understand Pitt and ODU - recruiting area and relationships hip with Gattuso and Benson, also understand Buffalo as the team can bus there.

I only think of this because there was Rhode Island article recently where the AD said his strategy was to schedule a P5 team every year because th guarantee was so important to their bottom line.

Just checking the sites. Rhode Island at Central Michigan 2017

Certainly no complaints from me. A stadium I never have been to and probably wouldn't go to otherwise. A chance to beat a 1A or whatever the acronym is

Should be able to take 2 days off work. Make a long weekend and catch some baseball Friday to labor day

Only 650 miles, bob. Probably can pick up a game at the Big House or at Michigan State (both still TBA) on the way back.
Actually going the other way is a possibility. Stanford at northwestern :) Edited by bob87