UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

10/28 MBB Exhibition Hurricane Relief (UA @ WV)

At first I was extremely disappointed by how much we lost by. I know I may have rose colored glasses on but I am expecting this team to be very very good . However an exhibition loss like this may drive home coach Brown's message and really make the players focus on what they need to do.

Only time will tell.

I think you need to look at the competition not just our team. WVU voted 2nd behind Kansas in the Big 12 preseason poll. They are 10th in the USA Today Coaches preseason poll. They play a tenacious press that will be better than ANY we see in the regular season. Be concerned about the fouls picked up by Nichols and Clark, not the margin of defeat. WVU should be competing for a national championship we have no shot at that.

I agree. But very good midmajor teams will not lose by 30+ to a top 10 team . Again I know it was an exhibition, but that's all I was saying. I am optimistic for a very good year . Edited by UA1882

Obviously didn't watch, but I love the expanded stats above and how they tell a story:

• How many games did UA have 4 blocked shots last year? - Positive
  • 12-26 on layups? - Negative
  • 14 Seconds per possession tells me they were trying to run with WVU - Negative
  • 2 Point guards fouling out sounds like frustration with a press - Negative
  • 12 Offensive rebounds and only 8 second chance points hurts - Negative
  • Hank didn't get in the game. Factor of being young, or is this what to expect this season? - Question
  • Cremo 4-13 for field goals = ouch, but 3-7 on 3pt is a decent sign
  • Not going to win any games with 24 turnovers - but in reality WVU forced 20 per game last season leading the NCAA. 24 might be a positive here.
  • Like 1

If it wasn't going to be a close/single digit game..I'd prefer to have an outcome like this. Get to play against a Top 10 team that has national title hopes this year..plus will give the staff plenty to work with and will show the team they still have much to improve on.

I'm not concerned at all about the fouls. Nichols and Clark fouled out..but three WVU players did as well. There were 56 fouls total in 40 minutes of play. Like we've seen the past few seasons..the scrimmages, exhibitions and early OOC games will be the time officials focus on the points of emphasis..and then they'll settle right back into 'normal' officiating.

From the box score..there was plenty to be encouraged by from our inside play. In 80 minutes..Charles, Stire, Foster and Conway put up 30 points on 10-17 shooting, 20 rebounds, 10-13 from the line. All with just 4 TOs. Against a top-tier power conference team.

While I'm sure Coach Brown is still trying out rotations..I think we saw some hints of his thinking. Mostly 9 deep with Clark and Cochran the guards off the bench and Foster and Conway the backcourt guys. Healy, Anderson and Hank minutes might be situational/match-ups.

While I'm sure Coach Brown is still trying out rotations..I think we saw some hints of his thinking. Mostly 9 deep with Clark and Cochran the guards off the bench and Foster and Conway the backcourt guys. Healy, Anderson and Hank minutes might be situational/match-ups.

This seems pretty spot on, but I will add that the 3 of those guys could all earn more playing time as the learn the system better and get the defensive focus. Remember that this time last year Campbell was only getting a couple of minutes each game and he forced himself into the lineup by the start of conference play. Healy and Anderson can both shoot lights out, and Hank is huge.

This seems pretty spot on, but I will add that the 3 of those guys could all earn more playing time as the learn the system better and get the defensive focus. Remember that this time last year Campbell was only getting a couple of minutes each game and he forced himself into the lineup by the start of conference play. Healy and Anderson can both shoot lights out, and Hank is huge.

This makes sense. An early advantage to the guys with more experience - Clark, Cochran, Conway and Foster. Conway might be a little behind because of the thumb injury. Healy and Hank look to be in the rotation, how much depends on how quickly they pick things up.

If the starting five stays the same I like the scoring from Nichols, Cremo, Campbell and Charles with the Viking doing the dirty work under the boards. Add to that more pop off the bench in the form of Foster, Clark and Cochran and it's a nice looking group.