UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The weekend road trip - women at Wagner, men at Colgate and Canisius

Women at a 0-7 Wagner team at 1:00 Saturday, video at http://www.necfrontrow.com/webcast.php/WC-3888/

Men at 1-7 Colgate at 2:00 https://campusinsiders.com/live/albany-at-colgate/

Colgate just lost to Bing by 9, has lost to Campbell by 2, Cornell by 4, Columbia by 8 and to Penn State by 13. They did score 101 in losing to the Citadel by 7

Team will travel directly to Buffalo from Colgate for Monday's game at Canisius. Griffs are 4-5 with one-point wins over Manhattan and Duquesne, the other wins were Youngstown and Boston U. They play St. Francis-Brooklyn today. Out game will be on ESPN3.

IIRC the last time we were at Canisius half the team had the flu.

You might be thinking of Niagara..during the 14-15 season. Hooley didn't make the trip..and Sam Rowley played sick. Danes were throttled 65-47 against a team that finished 8-22. Wheeler Baker led the team with a whopping 11 points.

BTW -- whatever happened to Wheeler Baker? I looked at the Univ. North Dakota MBB site for this year and he's not on the roster. And another one: remember that high-scoring player from a small school north of here, who went to UMBC and last year as a freshman played about 2 minutes a game? I don't see him on their current roster, either.

BTW -- whatever happened to Wheeler Baker? I looked at the Univ. North Dakota MBB site for this year and he's not on the roster. And another one: remember that high-scoring player from a small school north of here, who went to UMBC and last year as a freshman played about 2 minutes a game? I don't see him on their current roster, either.

Wheeler sat out a year per transfer rules, thus missing last season. From what I found online over the summer, it appears he was suspended and then left for personal reasons. Too bad, he had a lot of talent. Anyone know where McKinley ended up? I think I heard he was gonna do juco or a lower level program for a year then try to transfer back to D1?

The other guy you are talking about on UMBC is Joel Wincowski. He appears to still be on the UMBC roster and is averaging a few minutes a game. Seems like he is one of those guys that was a star in high school, but the skills that made him great don't translate well to D1. For instance you could be a 75%, dead aim 3 point shooter in high school: but if you have a slow release, you are gonna get blocked 75% of the time in D1.

Edited by godanesgo99

Wheeler sat out a year per transfer rules, thus missing last season. From what I found online over the summer, it appears he was suspended and then left for personal reasons. Too bad, he had a lot of talent. Anyone know where McKinley ended up? I think I heard he was gonna do juco or a lower level program for a year then try to transfer back to D1?

The other guy you are talking about on UMBC is Joel Wincowski. He appears to still be on the UMBC roster and is averaging a few minutes a game. Seems like he is one of those guys that was a star in high school, but the skills that made him great don't translate well to D1. For instance you could be a 75%, dead aim 3 point shooter in high school: but if you have a slow release, you are gonna get blocked 75% of the time in D1.

McKinley is at Northeast Community College. https://northeast.edu/News/Article.aspx?ID=1920

Found this on the ND message board about Wheeler Baker.

"according to siouxsports.com, he was dismissed for undisclosed reasons..."

You might be thinking of Niagara..during the 14-15 season. Hooley didn't make the trip..and Sam Rowley played sick. Danes were throttled 65-47 against a team that finished 8-22. Wheeler Baker led the team with a whopping 11 points.

Yep

I was at that Niagara game. Did not make it to canisuis and won't make it this year either

I said this about 4 games ago. They need to use the bench more otherwise they're going to be gassed at the end of every game. Where's Martin-Garcia? They're letting Colgate stay too close. Colgate is easily the worst team we've faced this year.

I think many of the new players get lost of defense. Seems like Brown plays those he know can play D.

Edited by MRSGDG

McKinley is at Northeast Community College. https://northeast.edu/News/Article.aspx?ID=1920

Found this on the ND message board about Wheeler Baker.

"according to siouxsports.com, he was dismissed for undisclosed reasons..."

I heard his personal reasons were deep and troubling... The kind you need serious rehab for. Really sad to see a young man succumb to such a thing.