UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

Suggested poll question: Against which opponent will UA score its first conference victory in 2018?

Better/hopefully happens Wednesday. Uvm and sbu already up two games in loss column and we are two games into the ae slate. Lose Wednesday and top 2 seed probably gone. Uvm isn't gonna lose many games in the ae and sbu will be up 3 in loss column. I thought we'd compete for the #1 seed and home court in playoffs. Right now they look like the 9th best team.

There is very little time to turn the season around and be a contender. #1 seed may have already been lost.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Well losses to 2 crappy teams, and UA stays in the Mid-Major Top 25, but falls to 23. UVM gets back into the rankings at 21

I expected worse.

As I mentioned in another thread, I don't care about the rankings, but they can help attendance (especially students) and seeding when the team puts it together and and dances into March.

OT: media is going gaga over this kid Trae Young from Oklahoma. He is more inefficient than David. Today he scored 48 but on 14 of 39 shooting and 7 TO. Other day he scored 20 on 8 of 21 and 12 TO's. Kid is shooting way too much but will be a one and done and top 5 pick.

• Like 1

OT: media is going gaga over this kid Trae Young from Oklahoma. He is more inefficient than David. Today he scored 48 but on 14 of 39 shooting and 7 TO. Other day he scored 20 on 8 of 21 and 12 TO's. Kid is shooting way too much but will be a one and done and top 5 pick.

Haha. The guy has a couple games where he doesn't have video games numbers and casual observers are all over him. You conveniently neglected to mention his 12-12 from the FT line..8 assists..5 rebounds..and 2 steals. Still had an offensive rating that game of 117..which is kind of great.

He is a talent but even his coach said after the game that they need to move the ball more. When he gets the ball, no one else touches it enough according to his coach and the pundits on ESPN. He has 4 other D1, power 5 scholies on the court with him.

No idea where to put this, but I have watched it so many times this week I feel like I have to share it on this board as well. This is how the game is played. I made my 8 and 11 year old watch it multiple times and I can not wait to make my sons team watch it on Friday night.

One of the best TEAM possessions I have ever seen.

https://youtu.be/WQdogSXYLFc?t=47m4s

It was against former LCC coach to boot.

No idea where to put this, but I have watched it so many times this week I feel like I have to share it on this board as well. This is how the game is played. I made my 8 and 11 year old watch it multiple times and I can not wait to make my sons team watch it on Friday night.

It was against former LCC coach to boot.

I saw this on twitter...that was pure mastery and very rare at any level of basketball. That was beautiful!

I saw this on twitter...that was pure mastery and very rare at any level of basketball. That was beautiful!

The most amazing thing to me was the timing of the play. The slow down at the beginning to start at just the right moment, then pass after pass only to have the dunk with only 1 second left on the shot clock. How many teams would have stopped the movement to get a shot off with 5 seconds left.

Just amazing. I know it is "mastery" and I doubt we will see that talent level at UA, but I would like to see the team make some more passes and get the defense more on their toes.