UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Hartford - 2/25 - 7PM

Eli

Peter's left after the season... They did not know before....Had a conversation with brown after the season he was shocked Peters left... Also the reason that Kyle MC left last year was because he missed the bus before the last game and brown lit into him... He could not handle it and left ...

Ahh, Twitter beef. That's a little funnier I guess.

I had a class with McKay and, to be blunt, looked like McKay should lay off the puff puff (pun intended lulz). Twyman and McKay have LITTLE room to talk lol. Definitely no loss. Saved us money by not having to give those kids scholarships.

Anyway, if we do face that team in the playoffs this year again, I hope guys like Nichols, Cremo, Rowley, Stire, Dallas remember what happened last year and absolutely lay the wood to em.

McKay had a 3.8 gpa and hasnt smoked weed in his life. Redshirted and was told to leave after the season. Seems like Brown dragged him through the mud after bringing him thousands of miles from home.

Noone said theyre america east stars if they stay but probably not easy for a 19 year old to be told he has to uproot his life after failed promises.

For Rowley, Stire and Dallas, there is no "Revenge" needed since they all are pretty close still. Everyone knows Hartford cant beat Albany this year.

Hey, so you are Will Brown. Great...nice to meet you.

(Be careful what you say on a message board).

Wish I was so maybe I could stop bringing in freshman and make them transfer after a year. 4 of 5 left in 2015 and 1 of 3 left last season. Looking like that pace will certainly be kept after this year in reference to the first year JUCO kids.

You sound disgruntled. Sure you aren't Twyman????

• Like 1

Exactly my point. Unless you are the player and the coach, no one has an inkling (with 100% certainty) of what was said. And this latest "Brown blame" is a nonsense thread-within-a-thread post from a poster who is what, 30 posts in their posting on this board.

Bunch of things worth mentioning:

1. Players are always promised things when recruited; it's a two way street however.

2. Players are promised playing time if things work out (e.g. they play hard).

3. DI Players at the end of the bench were probably stars in high school...and things often don't translate to D1 (heck, same at any college level). So I understand if they thought they would play, and are unhappy because they are not.

4. Scholarship fact: YOU WILL BE RECRUITED OVER. It's a business, no doubt...a business of educating kids, teaching life lessons, and winning ball games.

5. Transfers, at ALL D1 schools, have reached an all-time high. The advent of using JUCO players are at all time high.

6. Will Brown has always liked four year players. There was this little issue in the last two seasons called "non-extension of a Contract". If you don't think the lack of contract certainty did not play into not being able to recruit the caliber of kid we are used to--who is a four year player--was not a handcuff, well...that would be a shame. It most certainly did have an affect on our recruiting.

So, I say again to Bhill....cut the nonsense out...there is NO reason to be picking a bone right now, other than to have a personal bone to pick.

We are on-pace to have a 20-win season after losing Andrews, Lands, and Cochran for all but 5 games this year. All three of those guys were projected rotation impact players.

Anyone bitching and moaning now is a person full of sour-grapes.

• Like 2

Peter's left after the season... They did not know before....Had a conversation with brown after the season he was shocked Peters left... Also the reason that Kyle MC left last year was because he missed the bus before the last game and brown lit into him... He could not handle it and left ...

Neither are true. Rich made it clear for months and Kyle as well. Bus incident was post decision making.

Neither are true. Rich made it clear for months and Kyle as well. Bus incident was post decision maki

Yeah, not so accurate.

Maybe not then... Just relaying what I heard from the horse's mouth... I'm not completely in the know .... My wife and I have dinner about 4 times a year with major people who are... I just listen...Haha

Also Kyle appeared in the last episode of ualbany basketball weekly ( dunk contest) which I believe the episode appeared after we lost our last game... Sooo if he were leaving wayy before that would be odd to me ... Peter's I know for a fact ( I spoke to him personally) said that he was looking forward to next year and that was in February of last year...

Again I'm not saying I know everything but looking at the facts that I know and what people told me ...They don't seem that inaccurate...

Edited by UA1882

We're creating a mountain out of a mole hill. There is no problem with recruiting at UAlbany. There is no problem with the coach at UAlbany. If certain players don't have the chops to play for him, he shouldn't cater to them and coach differently. They should either get with the program or get the heck out (as many have done - including Hartford's Twyman). Good riddance. I'm a very nostalgic person and even though I talk the talk of moving south because I hate the financial situation in this state, when I left NY for 3 months for work a few years ago I missed home too. I don't blame kids for missing home too...but that's on them. Not on Brown.

Again, I re-iterate, when Brown starts recruiting questionable character guys JUST to win ball games like some other coaches...THEN we will have a problem. Until then, Brown has gotten nothing but intelligent (based on team GPA and standing in the conference) guys who are generally hard workers and generally upstanding men on and off the court. The guys that aren't hard workers, obviously flake out quickly. That's how it should be.

THAT is a fact. No one knows you BHill...so, with all due respect, it's hard to take your posts with anything other than with a grain of salt. There are posters on here who've time and time again posted accurate information.

Let's all relax now. Let's get back to discussing Hartford and laughing at Twyman because he's about to get some karma me thinks.

Edited by Eli

I know I'm def relaxed.... I am a long time reader of this before and LOVE the fact that people post about Albany ... Only recently did I decide to join because I really enjoy the conversation .

That being said... Calling my post inaccurate may be in fact very inaccurate itself.. (ex dunk contest ... Would not have done a piece on him if he made it clear he was leaving ... We can all agree on that .)

I love Albany athletics .... Hopefully we win tonight and continue to win for a long time ....

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

If the players aren't playing well enough to earn playing time.... it's on them.

If they wanted as close to guaranteed playing time/starting as a freshman, a better route might

have been St. Rose.

Let's not forget, they were given a gift of a free education. Any good kid would not be run off by coach Brown.

So, if they choose to flee.... so be it.

• Like 1

I know I'm def relaxed.... I am a long time reader of this before and LOVE the fact that people post about Albany ... Only recently did I decide to join because I really enjoy the conversation .

That being said... Calling my post inaccurate may be in fact very inaccurate itself.. (ex dunk contest ... Would not have done a piece on him if he made it clear he was leaving ... We can all agree on that .)

I love Albany athletics .... Hopefully we win tonight and continue to win for a long time ....

I think you are mistaken. I called Bhill's reply to your post as inaccurate. Your post is very accurate.

If the players aren't playing well enough to earn playing time.... it's on them.

If they wanted as close to guaranteed playing time/starting as a freshman, a better route might

have been St. Rose.

Let's not forget, they were given a gift of a free education. Any good kid would not be run off by coach Brown.

So, if they choose to flee.... so be it.

I won't go as far as to say that kids wouldn't be run off if the we needed the scholarship, it happens more than you think everywhere. Unless a kid is from this area or has completely fell in love with the program it's not necessarily a negative for them...like I stated before, you're not getting playing time if WB doesn't trust you so why stay and be miserable?

I know of multiple examples at other schools where this has occurred to the point where the kid lost his housing because of transferring/kicked off team for fighting with coach and was sleeping on his ex-roomates couches while he finished up classes. It's a cruel system, but it teaches great life lessons. A coach really has to hate you to not play you if he think you're going to help his team win, as fas as I've seen that doesn't happen at Albany...winning over everything...I've seen it happen other places.

The proof is in the kids who have transferred, a few if any have had any significant contributions to the school they've transferred to. I've loved some of the kids who have left, but they weren't going to get serious playing time or didn't earn the coaches trust. Big Rich is my dude, but imo we needed the scholarship and the writing was on the wall.

• Like 1