UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany vs. Boston University--AE Semifinal

Audio workin fine for me now.

Terriers are owning us. Come on Will brown, LET JAMAR BE CREATIVE OFF THE DRIBBLE...

That was the crappiest last 10 minutes we have ever played. No passion at all after that 1st 10 minutes with Ross in the game. And where was the box out on the last shot? Brown better rip them a new one or we won't need a bus to Vermont next week.

Audio workin fine for me now.

Terriers are owning us. Come on Will brown, LET JAMAR BE CREATIVE OFF THE DRIBBLE...

That was the crappiest last 10 minutes we have ever played. No passion at all after that 1st 10 minutes with Ross in the game. And where was the box out on the last shot? Brown better rip them a new one or we won't need a bus to Vermont next week.

we've got our hands full. But,I am surewe will be ok . get back into it fellas. I want to be on that bus to Burlington next saturday.

Bring on Vermont!

In case anyone checked out the Mid-Majority Report for the score of UAlbany's game this afternoon by clicking on the bubble for the map, the score is in error. It reports that UAlbany lost to BUMA. The score is correct; just the winner and loser are transposed.

That was the crappiest last 10 minutes we have ever played. No passion at all after that 1st 10 minutes with Ross in the game. And where was the box out on the last shot? Brown better rip them a new one or we won't need a bus to Vermont next week. - nysteve 661
Albany was really getting owned for a while there. We need to see Jamar come into his dominant form that we know is in him...

We need some shooting or something off the bench. It'd be nice to see Iati come alive and hit a few three's. - albanyhoops31

Boy, I'm glad Coach Brown is steering our ship and not you guys.

1. DI Hoops is a game of runs did you pay attention to the UVM/UMBC game, did you watch or pay attention to the Hartford/SBU game or the BU/BUNY game.

2. In our game today there was 2 lead changes that means we controlled the game.

3. We got great support off the bench from Ross and Connelly. Iati delivered a big Three.

4. Coach Brown did a marvelous job of rotating players and keeping them fresh.

5. Credit to BU - Coach Wolffs teams are always excellent at controlling tempo and playing excellent "D"

Nice turnout by Dane fans in Boston this weekend. Agganis Arena is a tremendous venue. Vermont also had a large contingent. Too bad the BU community doesn't seem to be interested in the hoop team. Very few Terrier fans, other than the excellent pep band, and the BU dance team (also excellent).

Lillis was great today. Ross brought alot of positive energy. Jamar played with poise, picking his spots on offense, and playing tough D.

BU can look to next year: Albany ends Terriers’ tourney runBy Rich Thompson

Monday, March 5, 2007 - Updated: 05:31 AM EST

The Boston University men’s basketball team lacked what defending champion Albany displayed in abundance during the Great Danes’ 59-49 victory yesterday in the America East semifinals at Agganis Arena.

The second-seeded Great Danes (22-9) will travel to Vermont to take on the top-seeded Catamounts on Saturday in a rematch of last year’s title game.

“I think we showed a little bit of our immaturity today where the other team ratchets up the defense,” said BU coach Dennis Wolff.

Wolff’s Terriers, who have three freshmen in their starting lineup, finished the season at 12-18.

“We were trying to do things in too big a hurry and trying to do things ourselves, instead of trying to do things for somebody else. Those are the things you have to talk to a young team about. As hard as we were making Albany work, they were making us work equally as hard if not harder.

“I thought they played maturely and their guys made plays they need to make.”

BU is a team on the rise with a freshman class that frightens Great Danes coach Will Brown. Before Brown’s team showed its big-game experience and took control of a tight game late in the second half, the Albany coach gained an appreciation for BU’s core of freshman talent, including America East Rookie of the Year Tyler Morris, shooting guard Corey Lowe, bomber Carlos Strong and forwards Scott Brittain and Valdas Sirutis.

“They are a good team,” said Brown. “To have the caliber of coaches they have and the young talent they have, they have the chance to be special.

“They really do. I’m really impressed. It’s scary; I do not even want to think about it. I’ll start worrying about it in the offseason. They are the team to beat in the future.”

Albany showed its maturity and composure by opening the second half with a 12-2 run. BU’s offense, which displayed pizzazz late in the first half, appeared lifeless while dealing with Albany’s post-intermission blitz. The Terriers didn’t score in the second half until Strong hit a jumper with 12:40 to play.

Morris helped revive the Terriers along with Lowe and Brittain. Lowe cut Albany’s lead to 40-35 with a trey at 8:29. Brent Wilson responded with a 3-pointer that sparked an 11-2 run that put the game out of reach.

America East Player of the Year Jamar Wilson, who had 14 points yesterday, made his free throws and drained the occasional jumper to maintain a double-digit lead.

“I thought the two significant plays today where (Jon) Iati’s 3 and (Brent) Wilson’s 3 because it gave them separation,” said Wolff.

This game quickly evolved into a series of offsetting runs that led to a 26-25 BU lead at half. Albany’s Brian Lillis sent the Great Danes on a 10-3 run and a 20-11 lead with 9:08 to play in the first half.

BU showed some resiliency on defense and the offensive production soon followed, allowing the Terriers to cut Albany’s lead to 22-20 as Morris capped a 9-2 run with a 3-pointer.

Wilson scored three points, but the Terriers netted six of their own in the final minute. Senior Brian Macon, a 5-foot-9 guard, made the play of the half when he crashed the baseline and scored a put back at the buzzer to give Boston University its only lead of the game.

Is Adam the one wearing the number two? Apparently there were so ugly things said about him.

Yes, that's him. Ugly things said by who? There's a thread on the AE forum about the anti-fun nazis at the arena.

By UVM Hoop Cat...apparently he was being belligerent and rude to everyone around. I don't know, I'm just making a comment based on what I read on the AE board. Just wanted to know if number two was Adam, thanks.

Archived