UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

umbc-vermont

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I propose scrabbleship not be allowed to buy a ticket, have his cable cut, and be required to enjoy our victory by listening to Rodger and partner on 980 radio.

NO NEGATIVE VIBES!!!

No, no, no. I want Albany to win, very, very, VERY badly. I still have a very, very bad taste in my mouth from the last time we faced UVM and I just know that on their home court they'll pump it up even more and get to the line every 10 seconds to hold us down. Between the UVM-biased ref job and us not fighting back back at the SEFCU, I just can't have a great feeling about UVM.

In all honesty, I'll be cheering my lungs out for the Danes come Saturday (and booing UVM too, but they go hand in hand), but this board needs one naysayer for the Danes to prove wrong, yes?

He should have become a Red Sox fan.

But I am...I dealt with the heartbreak over and over again. In fact, it can be argued that WE are the Red Sox to UVM's Yankees (or the Mets to UVM's Braves for those that are NL-inclined).

He should have become a Red Sox fan.

But I am...

Then how can a mere 9-year losing streak have you so despairing? and only in their dump?

I imagine they'll let Holm keep banging inside, I only hope that being on nat'l TV they'll stop calling the touch fouls outside that killed the pace of the second half of the BU game Sunday.

OTOH if they call fouls inside like they did against Trifunovic Saturday night, Holm could be in foul trouble early.

In my opinion the X factor in this game is Brent. In both games this season he hasn't played well or much. The game at the CUE they kept calling b$iena fouls on him and he was unable to stay on the court. If we can keep 3 of our 4 core guys out of trouble I think we can take this thing. At least 3 of the 4 (Jamar, Brent, Siggers, Lillis) need to stay out of foul trouble.

scrabbleship - why are you so desperate?

Don't over react this is hoops not life.

"Seize the Moment" - Be thrilled by our successes and enjoy the excitement the players and coaching staff have brought to UA Fans!!!!!!

You act as if UA is not successful.

In only our 8th season we've shown steady growth.

Damn we're 43-20 over the last two years.

We're 26-6 in AE play during the same period.

Over the last 4 seasons our RPI has been lowered annually.....

2004 - 309 10th place AE - 5-23

2005 - 195 4th place

2006 - 119 1st place - 21 wins - NCAA Bid

2007 - 90 2nd place - 22 wins - NCAA or possibly and NIT Bid?

By the way - it was just last year we knotched our 1st ever win in a conference tourney and now we're back in the finals for a second consecutive year trying to win our second consecutive Championship and Post Season Bid.

It's a good time to be a Dane Fan!!!!!

Every team in the country has lost at least one game they felt they should have won. You do the best you can and continue to try to make the NCAA.

What part of WE CAN'T WIN AT PATRICK do people here NOT understand? If we haven't been able to win there in the regular season, what makes you think we can under EXTREME pressure? We had more of a chance against UConn at the dance than we have this Saturday, or so it seems.

Personally, I think our chances of winning at Patrick are better than we had when we beat Binghamton at the Events Center last season (2005-06). The place basically sold out with about twice as many fans as will be in Burlington. Plus, we played in front of a much more boisterous, youthful crowd than will be the case this Saturday.

In addition, the coach, whom you like to criticize for bringing us into the current situation, gave the team special training to deal with the extremely hostile circumstances facing the Danes against the Bearcats. At the time, I remember thinking, "What a clever coach to think of everything possible to have his team overcome adversity and even out the opportunity."

I'm not saying that UAlbany has this game in the bag; the Danes have a huge challenge in front of us. I'm just asking you to imagine that Brown and the team are doing everything possible to win this game and send us forward.

scrabbleship - why are you so desperate?

Because our increased success this season came at a price and even with the hope that Raffa brings I fear that next season we won't have a chance given we lose Jamar and Siggers. What if we collapse next year, end up a middle-of-the-pack team, and struggle?

Damn we're 43-20 over the last two years.
This doesn't really matter, but the 2-5 record against Siena and Vermont that we have over that span worries me given that they are our two biggest rivals. Yes, one got us into the dance, but it still worries me.

2006 - 119 1st place - 21 wins - NCAA Bid

2007 - 90 2nd place - 22 wins - NCAA or possibly and NIT Bid?

The price of moving up 29 RPI slots and an extra win is a conference championship. If we knew this in November, would we have signed along with it when 20 wins (1 over UVM), an RPI of 108 or so, and a conference championship would have been MUCH better?

By the way - it was just last year we knotched our 1st ever win in a conference tourney and now we're back in the finals for a second consecutive year trying to win our second consecutive Championship and Post Season Bid.

Against a team at a place we have NEVER won and with fans who would want us to do things that cannot be said in this family-friendly forum? It's a hard call.

Next year's credo:

BEAT SIENA

BEAT VERMONT

Lose to UMBC

Ship

What will it take to make you happy

Are you aware of what this team has endured

You worry about this team collapsing next year

You do realize that B Wilson, Lillis, and Roth will be back - right.

Improved record and RPI = better recruits

We could be where Bingo or the Brook are.

Sit back relax and

Don't worry be HAPPY

By the way what was the "price" we paid for our increased success this year?

One (1) America East regular season Men's Basketball championship.

Vermont had a better regular season. Get over it. No one wins every season and I have no complaints with the season. This season among other things I witnessed our first win out of the eastern time zone and our first 20 win regular season.

We came in second at 13-3. Vermont was 15-1 . Most years 13-3 would be good enough to win the regular season. Vermont had an exceptional regular season and now UA has the opportunity to knock them off and go to the NCAA's. For Christ sakes it is tournament time. The regular season is over. You can't change what happened in the past.

As far as next season, I'll worry about that some time after the schedule is released.

And as far as you goal to win certain games next season and lose others , that is stupid. You never go into a game trying to lose. You play the best you can in all the games. Even playing your best on some nights things won't fall your way. It is not the end of the world. You move on to the next game.

One (1) America East regular season Men's Basketball championship.

How so?

No one is the season champ until the games are actually played.

We lost 3 games Vermont lost 1.

The game that matters now will be played on Saturday.

Only Albany and Vermont are left, all other AE teams are DONE FOR THE SEASON.

That is pretty damned good

Scrabbleship are you serious

The price of moving up 29 RPI slots and an extra win is a conference championship. If we knew this in November, would we have signed along with it when 20 wins (1 over UVM), an RPI of 108 or so, and a conference championship would have been MUCH better?

There was no trade off we got beat and that can happen at any time!

UVM had a great year and still dodged a couple of bullets. The 3 by Marcus Blakely against UNH is a prime example. I fact they were in a little trouble against UMBC and Trimboli banked a three at the half.

UA gave away a few games we had a chance to beat Siena and we missed some FTs at home against UVM we had two out of characteristic terrible Turnovers with cost us dearly. Hey a bounce here or there and we could have won a few more and maybe even the AE.

We didn't make any trade offs to improve our record we just won what we could win.

Mid Major hoops is cyclical and there's a chance we could be good next year or we could slide that's life.

Brent, Brian, Iati, Covington, Connelly, Ross and Gifford are a few of the reasons there is a good chance we'll be very competitive next season.

UA gave away a few games we had a chance to beat Siena and we missed some FTs at home against UVM we had two out of characteristic terrible Turnovers with cost us dearly.

Don't forget to mention that UVM got to the line what seemed like every 5 seconds while we couldn't get there if our lives depended on it due to shoddy ref work.

We didn't make any trade offs to improve our record we just won what we could win.
And we blew three games we SHOULD have won. I'd have traded sweeping UMBC and Maine if it meant beating UVM once and beating Siena. Siena and UVM > UMBC and Maine.

Brent, Brian, Iati, Covington, Connelly, Ross and Gifford are a few of the reasons there is a good chance we'll be very competitive next season.

I have my doubts. See the 2006 Yankees and the 2002 Mets for proof on why I'd have doubts. Yes, MLB isn't DI hoops, but you can have loads of talent and it can backfire.

scrabbleship

How many times are you going to post the same dumb ass stuff about trading one regular season win for another.

Sports don't work that way. Those games are over. We are playing on Saturday for an NCAA bid. This is the type of games real fans look forward too. You should not take that for granted. There are at least 250 teams that will not be playing in conference championship this season for the chance to go to the ncaa's. Now is not the time to whine about losing a particular regular season game and in particular one 3 months ago.

Archived