UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Di Lella vs. Espo - first four starts

Just curious. Obviously opponents were different and Vinny was a soph vs. a junior.

Esposito

1-3 (win over Fordham, loss to Hofstra,Colgate and Montana)

68 for 127 passing (54%)

731 yards

2 TD

4 INT

Di Lella

2-2 (wins over Maine and Yale, loss to Duquense and SFA)

66 for 130 passing (52%)

538 yards

1 TD

3 INT

After those four starts Esposito only threw two more interceptions the rest of the year and won the next seven games to winthe conference. I'll take those results again please.

The major difference to me in those stats is the yardage.

200 yards could mean 4-5 big plays. 1 or 2 of those big plays would have been the difference at Duquesne. Our offense's inability to get a big play is the major problem. Anyone know the longest completed pass this year?

27 yards. We only have 1 scoring play over 3 yards and that is a 16 yd TD pass.

I just don't know if DiLella has the ability. We know Drew Smith does. Dillon Romain looks to be very capable as well. We don't know about Leathey.

The major difference to me in those stats is the yardage.

200 yards could mean 4-5 big plays. 1 or 2 of those big plays would have been the difference at Duquesne. Our offense's inability to get a big play is the major problem. Anyone know the longest completed pass this year?

27 yards. We only have 1 scoring play over 3 yards and that is a 16 yd TD pass.

I just don't know if DiLella has the ability. We know Drew Smith does. Dillon Romain looks to be very capable as well. We don't know about Leathey.

As I posted on another thread are lacking the big play in a big way! Dan is a capable QB and I'm sure a fine young man but i just don't see the " put the ball in my hands attitude" that it takes to make big plays ! Only from a few observations during the spring game and a few scimmages this fall that i still contend that Buddy has big play attitude . Ive been told that they were neck to neck all fall so im sure the upperclassman got the nod . Fordie always says that you never know what a player truly can do untill he enters the battle . I know I sound like a broken record but I think it time to see what else we have from what little bit I saw at the SFA game I think the kid can play. Go Danes

Archived