Photo

100th Conference Championship

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

Softball win is the schools 100th conference title in school history according to UA Athletics Twitter

• Eli likes this

QZcTc3.gifknLKdl.gif

#2 Dane96

Dane96

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

C_0HGrOXUAAcyO7.jpg

• Eli likes this

#3 DanesRGood

DanesRGood

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

What an amazing accomplishment in a short D1 history!

#4 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

so I have the count at 101 according to wikipedia page (I know not the end all be all of sources). What year and sport did wikipedia screw-up on?

https://en.wikipedia...any_Great_Danes

QZcTc3.gifknLKdl.gif

#5 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

yea something is messed up with this...they giving women's outdoor track and field 1 less championship. I have it as 101.

http://www.ualbanysp...TCLID=211595426

QZcTc3.gifknLKdl.gif

#6 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

ok...the issue I found seems to be with 2005 AE Women's Outdoor Track and Field Championship. UA did not count it, yet AE records clearly show (on the AE website) they won the title that year. Was that title vacated or something? Confused. We clearly did hit the 100 mark, but that would be w/ lacrosse title, not softball. This is the history teacher in me.

UPDATE: Upon further investigation, it seems there must be a flaw in AE records. Northeastern won the 2005 championship, yet they market the women as winning it. So I'm gonna go with that. So AE screwed up I guess. I trust our Athletic Dept...CELEBRATE 100!!!!!

• Eli likes this

QZcTc3.gifknLKdl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users