UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ UVM - 2/22 - 7PM

Eli

If our bigs are going to foul, at least make the fouls count and put the other team on their asses. A guy like Wills who is barely 6' should be getting hammered by Stire, Rowley, and Charles when he comes inside. This is the one problem over the years with UA teams, they are way too nice and soft. That's why I like Nichols take no $iena from anyone attitude, although some aren't fans of that.

Vermont is GOOD; no question! I said it after the first game with them and I will say it again: if the officials let them play their game they WILL absolutely win it all. If the officials call a fair game, they still may win it all, but in a fair called game they CAN be beat. vt uses 10 men to beat the cra#, out of the other team. They really do not care if ½ the team fouls out, and they get just enough offense spread around.

As far as last night MRSGDG said it all: UA 1 of 2; vt. 10 of 12. As good as we played for 32 minutes, we had no chance after being beat up for those 32 minutes and given no free throw opportunities at all. How do you play a whole game and not go to the line at all {sorry "ONCE."}

Edited by dslyank

Yeah, the FT disparity was terrible. Those refs sucked. We are an attacking team even though David had himself a ball game from 3 last night. I find it astonishing that after all of the offensive boards we got early in the game, the drives by Joe, etc. we only went to the line once the whole game. That's insanity. Would have at least been a closer game if the refs knew what they were doing.

GDG just reminded me we only got 2 free throw attempts the entire game.

I touched upon this during the game. They were knocking, bumping, and pushing us all game in their aggression,

and we got almost no calls. Every time we breathed in their direction we were called for a foul.

We seemed scared to penetrate into the paint/interior.... the creation of a good shot calls for penetration and breaking down

the interior of Vermont's D, and finding the developing open area. We stayed on the perimeter way too much.

If our bigs are going to foul, at least make the fouls count and put the other team on their asses. A guy like Wills who is barely 6' should be getting hammered by Stire, Rowley, and Charles when he comes inside. This is the one problem over the years with UA teams, they are way too nice and soft. That's why I like Nichols take no $iena from anyone attitude, although some aren't fans of that.

Well, Vermont was in our face all game long. I take that as an assault, and wouldn't retreat from giving it right back to them.

Feels like EVERYONE on our team needs to get angry and be ready to brawl... brawl as in aggressively attack for 40 minutes, on the O and D.

We do NOT apply the same pressure as does the likes of uvm and sbu.

• Like 1

Well, Vermont was in our face all game long. I take that as an assault, and wouldn't retreat from giving it right back to them.

Feels like EVERYONE on our team needs to get angry and be ready to brawl... brawl as in aggressively attack for 40 minutes, on the O and D.

We do NOT apply the same pressure as does the likes of uvm and sbu.

Agreed and brawl with the other team not your own teammates!
  • Like 1