UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @SB 1/22 9pm

hard to understand the comments about the game being a lot closer than expected.....I for one expected to win the game, not keep it close, and let's face it, WE led most of the 2nd half and somewhat blew it late by not covering the boards and two bad possessions....S.B. is very good but UA knows they can beat them....

• Like 1

hard to understand the comments about the game being a lot closer than expected.....I for one expected to win the game, not keep it close, and let's face it, WE led most of the 2nd half and somewhat blew it late by not covering the boards and two bad possessions....S.B. is very good but UA knows they can beat them....

This. Going in I thought it might be a sure-fire L because everyone here was talking SB up like they were much better than us...but they didn't show that. That was a winnable game and if we had won, we'd have REALLY gotten into their heads more than we already are. Hence my monkey off their back comment.

It came down to execution, not a talent disparity or anything like that. We made some bad decisions at the end which cost us.

Stire had a tough game. The foul that led to a 5-point swing when we were up 6 was killer. Also, have to get that dunk down quicker, can't let it get blocked. Hopefully just a bump in the road during an otherwise pretty good season.

agreed, Stire is going to have issues with "bigs" that are legit bigs....I don't think Greg is legit 6'7" and isn't athletic enough to compete at a high level against more talented bigs...what he brings is toughness, hustle and sometimes too much desire...haha...but you are right, that play was a killer...

I will also say that I sat right next to the SBU student section, specifically their baseball team. They are a bit fed up with Hooley single-handedly ending their seasons. Nothing made them happier than him bricking that last shot. I legitimately thought they were going to storm the court, which would have been cute.

From the New York Post

Paul Schwartz Retweeted Jon Rothstein

Has to get past Albany first.

Paul Schwartz added,

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
Jameel Warney has shot 53.5% or better from the field in 17 of Stony Brook's 20 games. This kid deserves to play in the NCAA Tournament.
0 retweets0 likes
  • Like 1

From the New York Post

Paul Schwartz Retweeted Jon Rothstein

Has to get past Albany first.

Paul Schwartz added,

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
Jameel Warney has shot 53.5% or better from the field in 17 of Stony Brook's 20 games. This kid deserves to play in the NCAA Tournament.
0 retweets0 likes

I was just coming to post this. Paul is a fun follow for NY sports but he talks UA basketball a lot and interacts with Brown a lot. His next tweet after that:

• Like 1