UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: Media Time Out and Halftime On Court Promotions

I guess this video is a year old, but it is new to me... Looks like a student won the Bryan College version of what UA calls the CDTA Tuition challenge: https://youtu.be/UwBlqZ6D4W0

I've never been a fan of the funky on-court stuff and always thought that they were just gimmicky time wasters - but I know lots of kids (mine especially) love to watch and always hope to compete in those things. My 9 year old just asked me last night when he would get a chance to do the sneaker scramble. I guess these things really can work for getting families out to the games.

I haven't been to many CB games outside of UA and Siena. Has there been any fun/interesting contests and events you have seen at other schools? Are there more things that we should be suggesting to the Athletic department that can continue to add some excitement and entice more attendance?

I think most of them are interesting. I always love when they bring a bunch of 8yr olds to play hoops at halftime...I know they are 8 and trying their hardest...but man they suck. And it's hilarious. hahaha.

The musical chairs one is mildly entertaining too...there has been one kid (usually wears gray) who's won like 6 of 9 competitions. Dude is a champ hah.

What I really want, is to get into the SEFCU Money machine. How the heck does one get picked for that?

Edited by Ilko

I think most of them are interesting. I always love when they bring a bunch of 8yr olds to play hoops at halftime...I know they are 8 and trying their hardest...but man they suck. And it's hilarious. hahaha.

The musical chairs one is mildly entertaining too...there has been one kid (usually wears gray) who's won like 6 of 9 competitions. Dude is a champ hah.

What I really want, is to get into the SEFCU Money machine. How the heck does one get picked for that?

Now that you mention it, I'm thinking you against Click on the horse race would be a good time. I'm not sure how Haggy would set the odds on that.

I like the kids game at halftime also. Honestly, most years, they would be better off if the Superbowl halftime show was a peewee football game as far as I'm concerned.

A few years ago they used to do an alumni shootout on three pointers that was fun. A few times it was former players which made it even better.

• Like 2

Now that you mention it, I'm thinking you against Click on the horse race would be a good time. I'm not sure how Haggy would set the odds on that.

I like the kids game at halftime also. Honestly, most years, they would be better off if the Superbowl halftime show was a peewee football game as far as I'm concerned.

A few years ago they used to do an alumni shootout on three pointers that was fun. A few times it was former players which made it even better.

Click may be the BPF Bracket Challenge champ but he doesn't stand a chance on a horse. Hahah.

And agreed, virtually none of the musical acts to anything for me.

That sounds like a good idea...they should do that again.

Crud. All right, here goes.

Factors to consider:

1) Lineage: Both entrants were foaled by the same mare, and sired by the same stallion, so there is no distinct advantage here.

2) Past performance: Both entrants are maidens and first-time runners, so there is no help here.

3) Recent work-outs: Neither one seems to have been training too hard recently. Again, no advantage.

4) Medications: If either entrant has recently been placed on the anti-bleeding drug Lasix that could potentially create a competitive advantage. Without self-disclosure, no advantage here.

5) Size/Build: Both entrants are similar in appearance, with body type suggesting a potential preference for power and not endurance...no advantage.

6) Age: Both entrants are old for first-time runners, but Ilko's slightly younger age creates a slight advantage here.

7) Trainer: The only discernible area where a competitive advantage can be effected. With no announcement of race entry yet, choosing the right trainer will create the biggest difference in betting odds for the entrants.

I would wait for an announcement of trainer before setting a line, but early indications are that this is an evenly matched race.

Edited by haggyland

Crud. All right, here goes.

Factors to consider:

1) Lineage: Both entrants were foaled by the same mare, and sired by the same stallion, so there is no distinct advantage here.

2) Past performance: Both entrants are maidens and first-time runners, so there is no help here.

3) Recent work-outs: Neither one seems to have been training too hard recently. Again, no advantage.

4) Medications: If either entrant has recently been placed on the anti-bleeding drug Lasix that could potentially create a competitive advantage. Without self-disclosure, no advantage here.

5) Size/Build: Both entrants are similar in appearance, with body type suggesting a potential preference for power and not endurance...no advantage.

6) Age: Both entrants are old for first-time runners, but Ilko's slightly younger age creates a slight advantage here.

7) Trainer: The only discernible area where a competitive advantage can be effected. With no announcement of race entry yet, choosing the right trainer will create the biggest difference in betting odds for the entrants.

I would wait for an announcement of trainer before setting a line, but early indications are that this is an evenly matched race.

I was born first... He's baked with inferior genetic leftovers. #advantage Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1