UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: vs. UM Lowell 1/27

Rough start to the second half. Brown just subbed all five starters out due to the start and put the bench in. Never seen that before I don't think (from Brown).

He's definitely done that before...and I love it.

I loved it too. I was saying to myself, "Daaayyyyummmm. HE MAD." hahaha

Ilko...was that you screaming at the ref, "It's not about you, ref".

I only met you once at the Casey Field opener...but sure sounded like your voice. I was laughing at my computer monitor.

You heard me!? :D

Yes, that was me. I don't care if some fans don't agree with my vocalness, but I was giving the refs the business tonight. Lost my voice. It was BAD. They had a stranglehold on the game I thought. I HATE how the arena scoredboard stops at 10 fouls per side. They were blowing a whistle on damn near every play.

Actually, I just looked it up. 48 total FTA's both teams combined (28 for Albany). That's nuts. I know we go to the line a lot, but the other team was living at the line too.

One of the refs today is the '3rd' in my top 3 of worst refs.

1) John White or whatever his name is (short gray hair guy that did a few games back)

2) Short African American bald guy

3) The ref today who has gray hair that he buzzez off/buzz cut

Honorable mention is the guy who looks like Stephen Collins (Revolution, Seventh Heaven, etc.).

Whenever I see one of those 4, I know it's going to be a bad game.

I thought Stire and Rowley did an AMAZING job down low today. It's been a season long thing. I thought we'd have a huge drop off with Sam leaving but those guys have filled in admirably.

Stire had 13 points, but much else...and Rowley had 6 boards, 4 steals, 3 assists...both of them shot well either from FG or FT.

Singletary had a GREAT game...22/5/5 while shooting 50%. Cremo another solid 13pts off the bench.

We let up with our effort in the 2nd half which is why Brown yanked all the starters but at that point, the refs got involved and started calling everything and I think that hurt us even though we were making our FT's...

Probably a sign that I'm a little spoiled when I left aggravated after a double digit win. Credit to UML they played hard the whole game and I didn't think we always did but I'll gladly take win 15.

I would have liked to see a little more of Nichols and Andrews. Nichols plays with great energy and was really vocal on defense.

Overall, a workman-like win. We've tended to show a little bit of a drop-off after the "showdown" games and tonight looked like that a little.

Officiating was very bad again, not as bad as the UNH game, but very poor and inconsistent. Can't believe something can't be done about it. Are the refs held accountable at all for their performance? It's a miracle the UML coach(es) didn't get a T. After one call all four of them jumped out of their seats onto the court screaming.

At one point a ref near our bench completely blew a call right in front of him (& Coach Brown), Brown jumped all over him. Next time down the court Will starts in on the other ref about the previous missed call and the refs yells....I was way the hell over there (pointing across court to the court-side seats).

I would love a YOU CAN'T REF sign like the YOU CAN PLAY signs.

Officiating last night was really ugly...I know everyone says they never complain about officials, but I rarely do...last night was ugly. Completely inconsistent...two time down, same type of contact called differently. Seems like refs are really having a hard time with the new rules, specifically on the perimeter when a defender rides the offensive player as he's trying to drive. I can't figure out when it is and isn't a foul based on how it's being called.

As for the game last night...excellent first half, bad second half. They came out lazy, Brown was pissed, hockey line pulled everyone out. Would love to see a bit more of Andrews and Nichols. Depth upfront is the real problem...I've been beating this drum for a while. It will work against a small UML team but others like SBU will take advantage.

Poor rebounding effort last night, again speaks to effort. A win is a win and maybe I'm spoiled but that was at best a B- minus effort overall, a D in the second half.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1