UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB at UMBC

Will on twitter...."Our bus just got drilled by a truck and the truck took off. Luckily everybody is ok!"

These buses are a serious problem...need to charter. First Maine, now this.

Agreed! Someone needs to donate $ just for their travel budget.

• Like 1

Didn't watch the game.

Statistically speaking, team-wise, we had a pretty good game. Only thing that was bad was the 19 TO's. The %'s were all pretty decent.

Our D wasn't great to let up 44 points in a half...but a win is a win.

UA FT 20-24, UMBC 19-23. UMBC had one more foul (19).

It should be noted that 8 of our FT's came in the last 24 seconds. They had a pretty good edge going into that stretch. On that note, their announcer has never seen a UMBC player commit a foul.

Geez..we've grown to know what to expect from Wilkin..but this sarcastic whining is bad even for him. The guy doesn't cover the UMBC game..instead they send a freelance guy to do it. No tweets about the team since the final box score (posted sideways) this past Saturday..suggesting he didn't even bring the game up online like anyone who cares can do. No blog posts/updates during the UMBC game. But then he gets annoyed and whinny that Coach Brown is only texting him updates about the bus accident.

Wilkin clearly doesn't care..and lives in a 20th century print media world that's adverse to the speed and accessibility of online/social media..so why would the team go out of their way for him? Coach Brown can tweet out info about the accident more quickly and efficiently than the "reporting" Wilkin can/will do..so what's the point?

There's a real opportunity for print/online coverage of this team. I think TV coverage is pretty good. Whether it's the TU, Record, Gazette or something/someone else new..it seems there's a true desire for high quality coverage of a successful NCAA DI basketball team that simply isn't being met. Great chance for someone to step-up.

Edited by Phoenix

I was @ the women's game, but listened to much of the men on fox980 and then watched the AmEast stream when I got home. The umbc announcer was as "homer" as they come, but that is ok and to be expected. I thought for the most part the game was called pretty even with the ref's letting them play (a compliment from me about refs--"a first").

Now that I gave the compliment, there was some curious things---Singletary did not shoot a single foul shot; and the "homer" was complaining all night about Singletary using his hand to push off. Perhaps the homer was right, but this appears to be another one of those calls in the new rules that ref's do not seem to call consistently. It seems sometimes they let it go, just like some times hand checking is called and sometimes not? Looking for thoughts and input here from anyone who watched the game?