UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

The chance to add a proven guard to the mix of what we have coming back would be amazing. We didn't have that much depth at the back court last year so Maitland could really make for something special.

The other nice part about Maitland, he's already got a win again Siena (last year's CBI)

I wasn't complaining. I never got the complaints from people on other sites about "recruiting over" existing players. I'm just curious how it will shake out.

Will coach Brown allow himself to go 10 or 11 deep in the rotation?

1. Maitland (jr)(offer), Healey(fr), Anderson(sr), [Nichols]

2. Nichols (jr), Cochran(so), [Cremo]

3. Cremo(jr), Campbell(jr), [Cochran]

4. Charles(sr), Lands(sr), Lulka(fr), Garcia(sr) [stire]

5. Stire(sr), Hank(fr)

The above assumes Andrews and Grayson are leaving but that's still all guesstimates and rumors. There are also rumors about 2 of the bigs leaving.

I keep going back and forth on what the team needs to beat Vermont next season, and I don't think it's much. If the rumors are true, then the team needs another big.

I'm guessing it will be unlikely that Campbell will be bumped from the starting line-up. I'm also hard-pressed to believe that a newcomer would be inserted into the starting line-up from the get-go. Depending what Lands does..I would assume that either he or Charles has the inside track on the Rowley's starting role. I also don't think we'd play up-tempo..regardless of how deep we might play. Looking at pomeroy..fastest we've played is 190th..during the Suero season. Outside of that..we're usually in the mid 200s to low 300s. I don't think a deep backcourt would significantly change 15+ years of Coach Brown's offensive strategy.

Right now I'd guess (using the Andrews and Grayson assumption):

1 - Nichols, Anderson, Healy

2 - Cremo, Cochran, Healy

3 - Campbell, Cochran, Cremo

4 - Charles, Lands, Garcia/Lulka

5 - Stire, Hank, Lulka

If Maitland were to sign..he still takes a healthy number of shots as a PG. My uninformed guess is he'd either start-off as the first or second guard off the bench. He mostly came off the bench his freshman year and averaged about 25mpg in the handful of games he played this season. So I don't think he'd automatically be a lock to start. But..if he moved Nichols off the ball..I'd see a starting rotation of Maitland, Nichols, Cremo, Campbell, Stire. Campbell played the 4 a decent amount this season..and he and Charles are both 6'6". We'd be a bit small..but that plays fine in the AEast.

Edited by Phoenix

I know one thing, whichever way it shakes out, this team is looking pretty decent on paper. If chemistry works out and there aren't any issues in that department...we'll be very competitive. Brown has done a helluva job. HELLUVA JOB.

• Like 1

I'm guessing it will be unlikely that Campbell will be bumped from the starting line-up. I'm also hard-pressed to believe that a newcomer would be inserted into the starting line-up from the get-go. Depending what Lands does..I would assume that either he or Charles has the inside track on the Rowley's starting role. I also don't think we'd play up-tempo..regardless of how deep we might play. Looking at pomeroy..fastest we've played is 190th..during the Suero season. Outside of that..we're usually in the mid 200s to low 300s. I don't think a deep backcourt would significantly change 15+ years of Coach Brown's offensive strategy.

Right now I'd guess (using the Andrews and Grayson assumption):

1 - Nichols, Anderson, Healy

2 - Cremo, Cochran, Healy

3 - Campbell, Cochran, Cremo

4 - Charles, Lands, Garcia/Lulka

5 - Stire, Hank, Lulka

If Maitland were to sign..he still takes a healthy number of shots as a PG. My uninformed guess is he'd either start-off as the first or second guard off the bench. He mostly came off the bench his freshman year and averaged about 25mpg in the handful of games he played this season. So I don't think he'd automatically be a lock to start. But..if he moved Nichols off the ball..I'd see a starting rotation of Maitland, Nichols, Cremo, Campbell, Stire. Campbell played the 4 a decent amount this season..and he and Charles are both 6'6". We'd be a bit small..but that plays fine in the AEast.

After watching his most recent recruiting video, I get 2 thoughts...

1. If we were to land him, he would probably start on day 1

2. We probably don't have a chance of landing him (pessimist in me)

https://youtu.be/sjBo4BaWWZg

2. We probably don't have a chance of landing him (pessimist in me)

He chose Albany as one of his official visit locations..so it certainly seems like we're in the running. Other reported offers..at least so far..are Bethune-Cookman, Winthrop, NC Central, Robert Morris and Norfolk State. I think we compare pretty favorably to that group.

• Like 2

Verbal Commits has us offering Mike Parks, Jr.. 6'9" JUCO C. Though it would seem as if we don't have any available scholarships for 2017 after the three Aussies replace Andrews, Ennema and Rowley.

Early signing period begins 11/9/16.

Parks had committed to New Mexico in November..but was released from his LOI this week after their coaching change.

Clark played at the same high school (Dematha) as Bing's Thomas Bruce. Also, probable NBA lottery pick Markelle Fultz, now at Washington. Another teammate at Drexel. I guess if you can make it on the floor at Dematha you can play.

Three years to play. Took his team to the national championship game this March. A little like when DJ Evans came in, no real

pressure on him next year.

Looks like a solid get. Scored 16.5ppg and shot 38% from the outside. Also put up 4.6apg. According to Verbal Commits..he also had an offer from Kent State.

Played in the same NJCAA DI region as Ray Sanders, Richard Peters and Anders Haas.

I like the 3 year JUCO. Nice blend between stability and experience.

• Like 2