UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

John Fallon Field / Alumni Field Seating Plan

uofalbany

Here are a few photos of plan 2010.

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2007/06/plan.html

It shows only permanent seating between John Fallon Field and Alumni field.

Is the plan to split that area into two long strips of seating? Half of the space with seats facing one field, and the other half of that area facing the other field?

The space between the two fields is rather small.

Anyone know if there are revised plans to have endzone seating?

Anyone know if there will be seating on the outside sidelines as well?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was my understanding that the original plans called for an A-frame design with concessions and restrooms underneath, but the proximity to the pond led to the field hockey pitch being placed closer to the lacrosse field, and there was not enough room for the original design.

I had mentioned this months ago, but nobody could confirm or deny the report, so take it for what it is worth (maybe nothing since it comes from me.)

• 3 weeks later...

It is my understanding that the A-frame design has been scrapped and that the seating will be 2000 seats between Fallon Field and The Bubble, with restrooms underneath, and 'Half-time Rooms' for both teams.

Of course, I guess you never know until construction is completed.

• 1 month later...
how and why?

The stands are going up (obviously) but the 2 million may not bring with it all the amenities.

(And you probably do not even want to hear some of the football stadium pessimism I have come across second-hand...)

I really would love to hear this...because it is COMPLETELY opposite of what some of us have been told first hand.

And, if GDG's numbers are even close to on, the state according to the new budget is giving us enough money to at worst bowl in the current stadium.

You can't post like that without giving details. And to be frank, you are often pessimistic with your postings so I don't know if I should take this as sarcasm or truth.

I had heard, awhile ago, that the restrooms were out...but concessions and team rooms would be in.

I'd like to hear it to.

We seemed to have gotten some rumblings of good news from GDG's assembly budget report. Which, however, isn't even really close to being a reality yet.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why we need two multi-sport facilities right next to each other? I've said it a million times....why can't the LAX, football and soccer teams all use a new stadium for games?

Two things:

1. Fallon field is built...so no biggie...done deal.

2. My guess is SIZE. Wider field for lax and soccer.

If Albany were smart, they would built the field a bit wider to support international soccer. Why? The level right below the MLS is growing by leaps and bounds. A 14,000 seat stadium is an instant reason for an expansion team during the summer. With all the local soccer kids...you would get 6k a game no doubt in the summer...to help pay for the stadium.

Two things:

1. Fallon field is built...so no biggie...done deal.

2. My guess is SIZE. Wider field for lax and soccer.

If Albany were smart, they would built the field a bit wider to support international soccer. Why? The level right below the MLS is growing by leaps and bounds. A 14,000 seat stadium is an instant reason for an expansion team during the summer. With all the local soccer kids...you would get 6k a game no doubt in the summer...to help pay for the stadium.

Build the stadium to accommodate the field size. That's what SBU did and it didn't seem to effect it. Additionally, its not the Lax field itself that I think is a waste, its adding the seating for 3,000 or so. Fallon field is a necessity. They need a practice field that allows year round practicing.

But why spend $2 million or so on 3,000 seats and then go and spend $20-30 million on a stadium too? Why not just put that $2 million toward the stadium and have it multi-purpose. It just seems like a waste to me to have two game facilities. Does anyone really believe that if the stadium gets built that Lax is going to play all of its home games at Fallon field while a $30 million facilities sits idle next door?

If they do its crazy.

Very solid points. I agree wholeheartedly.

It would have to be bigger than Stony though. They are still short for international soccer size. And if we have forward thinking...we would be thinking about a future expansion team for Lax or Soccer.

We seemed to have gotten some rumblings of good news from GDG's assembly budget report. Which, however, isn't even really close to being a reality yet.

Exactly, and we need to make sure to remember that. The Assembly's version is almost always the highest/most expensive, and the two houses are just now starting to negotiate in conference committee to hash what the budget will actually look like.

It's just nice to see the Assembly has a starting point (and I'm assuming the numbers are correct, as that's what I've heard from sources that would be knowledgeable, but I certainly don't claim them to be 100% correct) that's at least somewhat favorable to what we're looking for..stadium AND campus-wide.

I really would love to hear this...because it is COMPLETELY opposite of what some of us have been told first hand.

And, if GDG's numbers are even close to on, the state according to the new budget is giving us enough money to at worst bowl in the current stadium.

You can't post like that without giving details. And to be frank, you are often pessimistic with your postings so I don't know if I should take this as sarcasm or truth.

I had heard, awhile ago, that the restrooms were out...but concessions and team rooms would be in.

As mentioned the source was second-hand, but from a connected employee. Rather than "tease" maybe I should have filed it away internally, but I have complete faith in the person I heard it from and thought it was worth mentioning.

My source was the same person who said the A-frame was dead because the field hockey pitch had to be moved closer to lacrosse because of the pond. That seems true now, doesn't it?

As for rumors, how's this? With the convention center in Downtown Albany in jeopardy, a private company proposed a joint venture to build the stadium downtown to urge growth.

As for my pessimism, I am just trying to relay what I have heard, absent of emotion. The sarcasm I will give you, though.

I am optimistic for the future of the university but I think we need a permanent and charismatic leader to reach some of the goals.

Archived