UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BTW Coach Sheffield and Dayton will becoming coming to town for a match this fall.

that should be good. While you usually see former coaches try to schedule their former teams, I think it is special he would come to UA instead of UA going to Dayton. That should be a great homecoming for him and a moment where UA fans can truly thank him for his contributions.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you are trying to compare Dayton and UAlbany? my gosh. Let's start with the fact that they are run by CSTV...then rethink trying to compare the two.

http://www.cstv.com/teams/cs-teams.html

list of teams...all bold faced teams are have their sites run by CSTV

Absolutely not an excuse. We had the opportunity and ability to have our website outsourced to CSTV and chose not to for reason unbeknownst to me.

No excuse.

I won't apologize for it. It's my opinion, I've expressed it many times on here and I know I'm not alone.

My last 2 cents on 3 issues raised in the above comments:

1. You want me to rethink the comparison I made about Albany's & Dayton's websites? Ok, to be fair, nix that comparison, and let's go with, say, College of Charleston or North Dakota State. Neither run by CSTV. Both have up-to-date information about their volleyball teams in the "off season" (spring schedule).

I stand by my previous comments. If Coach Sheffield had been satisfied with the 1st year his team hit the 20-win mark, we never would have made it into the NCAAs. There would have been no need to get better. If Eileen would have been satisfied with getting a couple of aces to win a game, she never would have set the NCAA record (that still stands today). There would have been no need. If Blair would have been satisfied with winning setter/player of the year once, there would have been no need to work harder & harder every year to earn that recognition three years (another NCAA record). Shall I go on? Just saying the athletic website is "good enough" and making excuses and telling us how hard they work in the media department doesn't work for me. I think it's their job to work hard! If I'm not mistaken, Sheffield would have been booted a long time ago had he not worked harder & harder every year to build the program. And Blair, et al, would have been benched had they not worked harder.

Ok, stepping down from the soapbox now and moving on...

2. I heard that Moster has left the program and got an assistant job some where else.

3. Dayton is coming to Albany this year? That would be great, but where did you get that info? I don't think the fall schedule has been released yet.

I agree Danefan. Actually, I was very vocal about the CSTV thing. I was told our site is different and there is something to be said for that.

As the former New England and Mid-Atlantic manager for FansOnly, the previous name of CSTV, I was HIGHLY disappointed. Believe me, I KNOW how much each site costs to run...and the fact the University chose to not go that route was HIGHLY disappointing.

I don't care how hard Brian and crew work-- We are DI and excuses are for, well you know what. You should guess the hours Danefan and I put in for our careers...you would be astonished on how many hours a week we work.

Reed has an incredible future in front of her, but I don't believe it includes college coaching. Does anyone have any insight on who MJ is going to put into the two assistant spots? Have they already been filled and just not announced?

Archived