UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Another statistical-based analysis

While I would normally side with this type of convincing statistical analysis, let me offer some of my own..

Pre- March 10, 2007:

Danes' record in Burlington, VT...0-9

Danes' record in Patrick Gymnasium...0-7

#2 seed vs. #1 seed in AE Tournament Final...1-11

Road team's record in AE Tournament Final...2-20

Post- March 10, 2007:

Danes' record in Burlington, VT...1-9

Danes' record in Patrick Gymansium...1-7

#2 seed vs. #1 seed in AE Tournment Final...2-11

Road team's record in AE Tournament Final...3-20

There are always percentages because there are always some underdogs to pull off upsets.

This is a game of preparation and I think we have one of, if not the, most prepared coaching staff and team in this tournament. GO DANES!

While I would normally side with this type of convincing statistical analysis, let me offer some of my own..

Pre- March 10, 2007:

Danes' record in Burlington, VT...0-9

Danes' record in Patrick Gymnasium...0-7

#2 seed vs. #1 seed in AE Tournament Final...1-11

Road team's record in AE Tournament Final...2-20

Post- March 10, 2007:

Danes' record in Burlington, VT...1-9

Danes' record in Patrick Gymansium...1-7

#2 seed vs. #1 seed in AE Tournment Final...2-11

Road team's record in AE Tournament Final...3-20

There are always percentages because there are always some underdogs to pull off upsets.

This is a game of preparation and I think we have one of, if not the, most prepared coaching staff and team in this tournament. GO DANES!

numbers are numbers......

special players are rarely found

nfl says on any given sunday

in the NCAA's anything can happen in 40 minutes of ballin'

I only hope to keep seeing UAlbany on the national spotlight for days and years to come!

lets go danes

Not meant to be the be-all and end-all, just one more set of data to factor into the mix. Not all that long until we know.

68Hoo - thanks for the link to the data.

Regardless of the outcome this is a phenominal opportunity and great exposure for the Great Danes.

How often do we get to play the ACC Co Champs on a truly neutral court - on the biggest stage in the land.

If we were to pull this huge upset the free publicity the Danes would get would be awesome.

We're turning 8 years old in DI and still growing.

The one thing we know is that the Danes will give it their best shot.

Lot of fun, no? Down here (southern Virginia) just about everything grinds to a halt while the ACC & NCAA tournaments are being played. Naturally, I hope the Danes lose tomorrow, but if they don't, I'll be pulling for them the rest of the way. Not too many (as in none) upsets so far, though. Good luck to you guys.

BTW, back in the day (that would be 1969 - 1970), I spend some of my Navy days aboard the USS Albany (at that time a missile cruiser). Motto was Assiduity - probably not too bad for you guys.

BTW, back in the day (that would be 1969 - 1970), I spend some of my Navy days aboard the USS Albany (at that time a missile cruiser). Motto was Assiduity - probably not too bad for you guys.

That's the city's motto as well.

That's the city's motto as well.

37 years makes a nice difference in what one remembers....at the time, I don't believe I liked the Navy as much as I remember liking it now. Go figure.

Here's another link with some interesting statistics....

MORE STATS!

Archived