UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wyland changing radio stations

UAalum72

T-U reports UAlbany's radio play-by-play announcer Rodger Wyland's radio gig is moving to WTMM 104.5 FM. He's staying at channel 13 on TV. No word yet if there'll be a local replacement on Fox 980 IHeart radio.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Rodger-Wyland-s-radio-show-to-move-to-WTMM-7939202.php

I don't think that iHeart goes for a local host. The company formerly known as Clear Channel has been kicking the can for a death spiral for years, thing is they probably can't defer it further.

UAlbany's deal with 980 is probably a time buy so moving that to 104.5 might not be that difficult.

This will be the fifth station Wyland's used for his show. UAlbany broadcasts to be determined

Schenectady Gazette

"We just learned of this as you guys did," said Charlie Voelker, UAlbanys associate athletic director of external affairs. "We have to talk with Rodger. Obviously, well talk to FOX Sports 980, who weve had a long-term relationship with. Well figure out where we are."

The game broadcasts may be a separate contract from his talk show. He's staying at Channel 13 for television. Moving the talk show mostly means he can't cross-promote the games on the show.

Besides the relative signal strengths, moving from 980 avoids conflicts between football and their Red Sox broadcasts, which always moved our games to 810-WGY or to the Fox FM outlet,

but TMM runs Yankees and Notre Dame and Jets football broadcasts so there's even more conflict. At least I guess TMM is no longer connected with 1300 AM that does 'aints basketball.

TMM runs Yankees and Notre Dame and Jets football broadcasts so there's even more conflict. At least I guess TMM is no longer connected with 1300 AM that does 'aints basketball.

ND games are filler that WTMM probably gets for cheap. If UA comes buy willing to buy airtime which means increased revenues then ND gets bumped. The Yankees, OTOH, would complicate things in terms of early season football but I think that if worse came to worse someone would get bumped to the Q103 stations. My bigger concern would be a football Sunday when UA basketball, the Jets, and the Bills are all playing at the same time though that might be quite rare.

1300, WTMM's old home, was sold off to a group headed by Paul Vandeburgh back in 2007 after then-Regent/now-Townsquare moved WTMM to FM. The amount of attention that station got post-move was amazing since on AM they didn't even have a person selling ads.