UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2015

A couple of interesting developments...

Tomaz Gielo, a 6'9 player from Liberty is going to graduate and transfer. He'd be a one year guy. Looks like he'd be a nice pick-up.

Also, Eli Long, formerly commited to Florida Gulf Coast has been released from his LOI. He's a 2015 recruit from Canada.

http://www.bcccpanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=421

Stats from this past year. Has potential - seems inconsistent. Rebounding numbers all over the place - some games with 15, some games with 4. Shoots fairly poorly for a big man. Unsure of his style - from the reel above seems that he drives a fair amount too. Some games at 50-75%, others in the low 20-30% range.

Big body though - that's for sure.

Stats from this past year. Has potential - seems inconsistent. Rebounding numbers all over the place - some games with 15, some games with 4. Shoots fairly poorly for a big man. Unsure of his style - from the reel above seems that he drives a fair amount too. Some games at 50-75%, others in the low 20-30% range.

Looks like he was very foul prone, leading to the games where he had lower stat/minute totals - unless I am having a brain fart and pf means something other than personal fouls. I could be misreading something as one game he had 6 - technical on foul out?

Edited by godanesgo99

Looks like he was very foul prone, leading to the games where he had lower stat/minute totals - unless I am having a brain fart and pf means something other than personal fouls. I could be misreading something as one game he had 6 - technical on foul out?

I was focusing more on the Mins per game, relative to fouls. Think that's a better indicator, but certainly if in foul trouble, hurts ability to go get boards

• Like 1

Looks like a solid get.

From the Baltimore CC website:

Chas Brown (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore Polytechnic HS) was named to the All-Region Tournament Team. Brown averaged a double-double with 12.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 1.5 blocks

Brown and Kelly were also named to the All-Region First Team

I like the shot blocking ability. That's something we didn't really have last year and hopefully Chas Brown can provide.

Have to imagine Singletary might have been able to provide some insight. He and Chas Brown played in Baltimore at around the same time. If he is a Evan Singletary quality player I will be pretty damn happy with this signing.

Pretty nice looking front court group with Richard Peters, Mike Rowley, Stire and now Brown and Travis Charles.

I'm not sure how many scholarships we have left (two?) but it seems like we'd have to be looking for another guard. It also would look like a perfect year to take a transfer who'd have to sit out.

I like the shot blocking ability. That's something we didn't really have last year and hopefully Chas Brown can provide.

Have to imagine Singletary might have been able to provide some insight. He and Chas Brown played in Baltimore at around the same time. If he is a Evan Singletary quality player I will be pretty damn happy with this signing.

Pretty nice looking front court group with Richard Peters, Mike Rowley, Stire and now Brown and Travis Charles.

I'm not sure how many scholarships we have left (two?) but it seems like we'd have to be looking for another guard. It also would look like a perfect year to take a transfer who'd have to sit out.

I'd like to see a HS PG recruited if there is any quality left this late and groom the kid to take over for Singletary. Who's going to play PG after next year?

I'd like to see a HS PG recruited if there is any quality left this late and groom the kid to take over for Singletary. Who's going to play PG after next year?

Take a shot on a kid with potential who is maybe being overlooked. I'd hate to see all Jucos but I trust the staff knows what they are doing at this point.

I was focusing more on the Mins per game, relative to fouls. Think that's a better indicator, but certainly if in foul trouble, hurts ability to go get boards

Look at most of the games with low minutes played and look at the fouls. He appeared to foul out in 10-12 minutes a few times. Hopefully that is a function of being bigger than everyone else and not over aggressive play.