UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #17: 1/6/18 - 1:00pm - @ New Hampshire

Alls I want to know is what the $iena happened?

12-3 going into conference play. Must be that the AE has become the elite conference in the nation.

Pretty sure we went into the new year thinking we were going 15-1 or 16-0 without

having to even play.

Yeah, evidently our craptastic OOC schedule gave us a false sense of ability because we assumed much of the AE would be garbage again (at least compared to the likes of Iona, Yale, Louisville, Memphis, etc.). Perhaps Louisville was a flash in the pan and an exception to the rule and we are regressing to the mean. Or perhaps it was a glimpse of things to come and we just need a few more weeks and will gel at the last possible moment...but again, that'll have implications on where we play not only in the AE but in the NCAA's (if we make it).

Either way, the team isn't doing so good right now.

Enough with craptastic schedule and illogical thinking. I have zero problems on paper with Iona, Yale, Monmouth, Louisville, Memphis, Kent St. etc. and if you bloviating on here about being over confident due to a bad schedule and that we only beat up on bad teams (not true hung with Louisville) then shouldn't logical reason follow that we'd beat up on $iena teams like Hartford and UNH? I mean if Hartford and UNH were OOC opponents, they would be weak opponents and similar to what we run up our W count against.

Simple explanation as I ruminate on this is that they are in a funk, David needs to get that wrist right...and go from there. Sometimes the simple explanation is the correct one? This team by nature isn't demonstrative...to demand that they kick over a chair coming off the court may show some fire but not sure if it will be any more productive. They just need to trust one another, trust the scout, hustle on D, shots will fall.

I'm not ready to hang myself...one game at a time, let's get SBU! Play desperate but under control...

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

12-3 going into conference play. Must be that the AE has become the elite conference in the nation.

Pretty sure we went into the new year thinking we were going 15-1 or 16-0 without

having to even play.

Yeah, evidently our craptastic OOC schedule gave us a false sense of ability because we assumed much of the AE would be garbage again (at least compared to the likes of Iona, Yale, Louisville, Memphis, etc.). Perhaps Louisville was a flash in the pan and an exception to the rule and we are regressing to the mean. Or perhaps it was a glimpse of things to come and we just need a few more weeks and will gel at the last possible moment...but again, that'll have implications on where we play not only in the AE but in the NCAA's (if we make it).

Enough with craptastic schedule and illogical thinking. I have zero problems on paper with Iona, Yale, Monmouth, Louisville, Memphis, Kent St. etc. and if you bloviating on here about being over confident due to a bad schedule and that we only beat up on bad teams (not true hung with Louisville) then shouldn't logical reason follow that we'd beat up on $iena teams like Hartford and UNH? I mean if Hartford and UNH were OOC opponents, they would be weak opponents and similar to what we run up our W count against.

Simple explanation as I ruminate on this is that they are in a funk, David needs to get that wrist right...and go from there. Sometimes the simple explanation is the correct one? This team by nature isn't demonstrative...to demand that they kick over a chair coming off the court may show some fire but not sure if it will be any more productive. They just need to trust one another, trust the scout, hustle on D, shots will fall.

I'm not ready to hang myself...

I think you got it wrong. Were not bashing the schedule created preseason. Its the fact those teams werent as good as we all thought which Is why the SOS is so high. More of the other teams not being good, but still doesnt explain two $ienaty performances against the even worse America East
  • Like 1

having to even play.

I think you got it wrong. Were not bashing the schedule created preseason. Its the fact those teams werent as good as we all thought which Is why the SOS is so high. More of the other teams not being good, but still doesnt explain two $ienaty performances against the even worse America East

But that isn't your intent when you say things like weak schedule gave us an overconfident team...you are essentially suggesting that we run up our W's against bad team and now it's not as easy in the AE...except the AE competition is even worse than OOC competition so the logic that we were all sold a bill of goods against a week OC doesn't doesn't hold any water.

The thing that jumped/jumps out at me is the lack of hustle and energy.

Not just on defense.

I'm not sure it's energy the more I think about it...they are trying to find themselves and unsure. It will click!

Maybe a 'cause and effect' thing.

I agree, it will click.... but will it clack?

The thing that jumped/jumps out at me is the lack of hustle and energy.

Not just on defense.

I'm not sure it's energy the more I think about it...they are trying to find themselves and unsure. It will click!

Maybe a 'cause and effect' thing.

I agree, it will click.... but will it clack?

I got my money on that when it clicks...they will clack!

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

having to even play.

But that isn't your intent when you say things like weak schedule gave us an overconfident team...you are essentially suggesting that we run up our W's against bad team and now it's not as easy in the AE...except the AE competition is even worse than OOC competition so the logic that we were all sold a bill of goods against a week OC doesn't doesn't hold any water.

I think it's definitely a possibility the team was overconfident from a 12-3 record playing a 337 ranked SOS. I was suspect all year of their record, but I would NEVER say AE play is tougher, event though on paper it is currently smh. There is no excuse losing at home to Hartford or any other team at home besides UVM this year.

• Like 1

Heading into conf. play we were like a team who's up 20 with 15:00 left. We got up big (great showings in OOC) and let off the gas and let two AE teams (who are by ALL predictions below us) back into it. We didn't play smart (if someone is hurting, stop forcing the issue and look to do other things to help the team win), etc.

I'm sure we'll figure this out...

Edited by Eli