UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Contract ... Basketball

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

96 I have to disagree to an extent:

["And to be honest, no way they are changing the court or colors for the game, HUGE dollars for a court...like in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more (I worked at the TUC when they got a new court back in the 90's, and it was in the low hundreds of thousands)."]

While I am sure you might be right about the overall floor cost; but note that floor is totally portable and is assembled and disassembled in pieces before/after every hockey or other event. Not that I am recommending this, but it would seem possible to to swap out a couple offensive sections for generic pieces. Now, as I said I am not recommending changing the floor as in reality I agree with MsGD, play the game @ SEFCU (and who cares if any $iena fans come or not). In the years not @ SEFCU let's see if $iena can fill the TU on its own. The alternative of a fair contract with seats and locations and money split 50/50 would of course be acceptable {but nothing less}. However, it certainly would be fun/interesting to have the game @ SEFCU every other year.

Edited by dslyank

96 I have to disagree to an extent:

["And to be honest, no way they are changing the court or colors for the game, HUGE dollars for a court...like in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more (I worked at the TUC when they got a new court back in the 90's, and it was in the low hundreds of thousands)."]

While I am sure you might be right about the overall floor cost; but note that floor is totally portable and is assembled and disassembled in pieces before/after every hockey or other event. Not that I am recommending this, but it would seem possible to to swap out a couple offensive sections for generic pieces. Now, as I said I am not recommending changing the floor as in reality I agree with MsGD, play the game @ SEFCU (and who cares if any $iena fans come or not). In the years not @ SEFCU let's see if $iena can fill the TU on its own. The alternative of a fair contract with seats and locations and money split 50/50 would of course be acceptable {but nothing less}. However, it certainly would be fun/interesting to have the game @ SEFCU every other year.

Floor pieces are huge dollars....and generally don't fit in. Believe me, I've played on enough portable floors. Who gives a $iena about the floor. It's all about the Benji's...

Edited by Dane96

Agree the floor as ugly as it is isn't a big issue . Just curious through when the women's sweet 16 is here if the NCAA will do something to make it look better :)

Obviously I would prefer a home game as well. I could live with an even split of tickets or the game being canceled .

As someone who has seen various Danes teams play in 85 venues I have seen them play many teams far superior to lcc and in many venues better than the knick :)

For the longest time, I just wanted the game and didn't care how it was played. UA needs to grow a bigger set and demand that at the minimum it is considered a road game for both teams in the next contract - thus counts in neither season ticket package - or it needs to be a contract with an even number of years and it is a home game for each team every other year - giving UA season ticket holders the best seats in UA years. Keep it at TU for the fans.

The $aints played at VT last year. Silly that the Catamounts have a better deal with $iena than we do...

For the longest time, I just wanted the game and didn't care how it was played. UA needs to grow a bigger set and demand that at the minimum it is considered a road game for both teams in the next contract - thus counts in neither season ticket package - or it needs to be a contract with an even number of years and it is a home game for each team every other year - giving UA season ticket holders the best seats in UA years. Keep it at TU for the fans.

The $aints played at VT last year. Silly that the Catamounts have a better deal with $iena than we do...

Everyone playing LCC has a better deal than we do because every other school would laugh in their face if they ever suggested anything less than a home and home series

Everyone playing LCC has a better deal than we do because every other school would laugh in their face if they ever suggested anything less than a home and home series

And BINGO was his namoh.

I'd like a 50/50 split in money. I'd also like a better seat.

But watching their fans leave with bowed heads, with two minutes left- priceless.

It's like every year they bow their heads in respect! I know they think they have the game this year in the bag...clearly they will be a pretty good. If UA beats them again this year, the fan-base may not recover.

Edited by Clickclack