UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB Media Exposure

No one reads newspapers anymore anyway. Siena has been D1 for so long so it's understandable they have a larger fan base for basketball. The question I have is are the siena bball fans going to UA football games? Haven't been to the new stadium, but UA is the only d1 football team in the area.

I know of a few that have and are going and enjoy being at the stadium. Unlike basketball, we are the only football show in town.

No one reads newspapers anymore anyway. Siena has been D1 for so long so it's understandable they have a larger fan base for basketball. The question I have is are the siena bball fans going to UA football games? Haven't been to the new stadium, but UA is the only d1 football team in the area.

who cares.

After trying to get more students and alumni to the games, I would try to attract knowledgeable sports fans before trying to attract the $iena fans

• 2 weeks later...

I am hopeful given Benson's background that marketing will be a focal point of his tenure because the potential fan base is very large when compared to Siena and ticket/concession prices at UA events are far more reasonable compared to an evening at the TU-C. Regarding TU reporting...I think its basically a result of lazy reporting...Wilkin could care less...and Singlelais strikes me as having anger issues with UA progam and fan base..a very strange malady for a sports writer...I don't think it has anything to do with Siena playing at the TU C...in fact its not going to surprise me terribly if Benson ultimately decides that we should play a game or two a year down there against higher tier opponents....unlike Siena--with their ridiculous insistence on playing consistently in front of 10000 empty seats I think a game or two a year where we fill the place would be good for everyone concerned, everyone that except Sien-er!

Orange dane

Mark s certainly had a bunch of issues besides what you mention. He also has a much higher opinion of himself and his paper than is warranted .

I am hopeful Mr Benson will grow the Danes with or without the tu as there are many other media outlets out there doing a better job

Kind of boggles the mind that there's a local story that nearly every major national sports outlet covers..yet the "main" local paper essentially ignores.

Given that..it's probably not surprising that the team's "beat writer's" only tweet yesterday was about a horse running in a race in California.

As someone mentioned in a previous thread..the Troy Record has really become the source for UAlbany Sports news. I was worried that it would fall off when Santillo left..but Laura Amato has done a great job so far. And..perhaps most importantly..she actually seems to enjoy what she does. It's amazing what that can do.

• 2 weeks later...