UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Abe with the Vote of Confidence

• 2 years later...

Sharessa Richards was not ranked at all and has been terrific so far this season.

I took the time to go to the UVM game, and I walked away highly impressed with Ms. Richards. She ran like a gazelle, and always was involved in the play.

If Coach Abe stays, and Sharessa keeps developing, I am going to make a seriously bold/stupid prediction, and say that Ebony's new record could be in danger.

Find this thread in three years. I will either be an idiot or a genius, but that's the way I roll.

Usually the former with you... :-)

It seems so obvious now, with all of the success that Shereesha has had, but with her joining the 2,000 point club today it seems as good of a time as any to bump this thread up and taunt ClickClick with it.

• 2 months later...

Sharessa Richards was not ranked at all and has been terrific so far this season.

I took the time to go to the UVM game, and I walked away highly impressed with Ms. Richards. She ran like a gazelle, and always was involved in the play.

If Coach Abe stays, and Sharessa keeps developing, I am going to make a seriously bold/stupid prediction, and say that Ebony's new record could be in danger.

Find this thread in three years. I will either be an idiot or a genius, but that's the way I roll.

Genius

• Like 1

Pete Iorizzo: Will UAlbany hoops success lead to coach leaving?

Abrahamson-Henderson has made seven NCAA appearances as a head coach

http://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/Pete-Iorizzo-UAlbany-women-s-success-could-have-6925021.php

Once again Pete's insight is amazing - Mid-major team wins a first round game - NEWS FLASH EVERYBODY - Other schools may offer Coach a job.

According to the article she makes $208k. Wisconsin is a pretty big program and they were paying their coach $300k according to the article. Maybe she can get a raise here and stay? The line below is true though.

Still, it's hard to imagine a fierce competitor like Abrahamson-Henderson wouldn't be interested in an opportunity to increase her salary from $208,000, compete for a national championship and bring her message of empowering young women to a bigger audience.

YES, the Wisconsin coach made $300,000 but is now without a job. That is the life of big conference basketball. Coach Abe deserves a raise, I would suggest something similar to Coach Brown and don't forget the pressure is a little less and the NYS pension is huge. Great season, I wish I was young enough to hug all those ladies but I would probably get arrested.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

UCF has a press conference for 1 PM today, supposedly to announce Coach Abe as their new women's basketball coach. I'm hoping this is an April Fools thing.

If another school is doing the press conference, I doubt it. I don't see how they would or why they would. Sucks.

EDIT: Nothing is coming up on Google. Where did you see this?

Edited by Eli