UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AD's Vision

Michigan_Dane

Mark explains his plans to make UA a "destination" for athletics fans.

Personally I'm resigned to the fact SUNY will never be in the top tier until a NY Governor decides he/she wants a flagship campus. That means combining multiple campuses under a single umbrella name, increasing funding etc. Create an Ohio State where there is none today.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just received a call from an Albany athlete ... the conversation was terrific... the major problem I have is that the email specifically stated NO Solicitation.... this was not the case...at the end of the call I was asked to give money...

While it's not the biggest deal, this is very very wrong. My wife and I give what I believe is substantial money to the athletic department for the last 5 years and this was the second time in print (the first being the chairback seats) where they have blatantly lied . I'm sorry but this is becoming a problem in my option...if there is a third time I will cut my donation to nothing ... The communication from the athletic department is a joke .

Just received a call from an Albany athlete ... the conversation was terrific... the major problem I have is that the email specifically stated NO Solicitation.... this was not the case...at the end of the call I was asked to give money...

While it's not the biggest deal, this is very very wrong. My wife and I give what I believe is substantial money to the athletic department for the last 5 years and this was the second time in print (the first being the chairback seats) where they have blatantly lied . I'm sorry but this is becoming a problem in my option...if there is a third time I will cut my donation to nothing ... The communication from the athletic department is a joke .

I also got a call and somehow missed it, so there was a voice mail from an athlete. Just a thank you for contributing to GDAC. So they didn't get a chance to ask for money. As far as I'm concerned they are on probation after last year's Casey Cluster$&@! So what they got is what they'll get.

You should call the Athletic Department and let them know you don't want to be solicited.

Had a call at my old number (family member) but not on my cell...didn't even know my old number was listed with GDAC, etc. as it's not on my web profile...

Regarding this thread, did anyone ever download the article?

You should call the Athletic Department and let them know you don't want to be solicited.

I was speaking with Casey Crandall and Justin Brown from the GDAC at tonight's lacrosse game and I mentioned the call we got today, of which we were not solicited. They told me that the calls definitely were not solicitation calls. They were thank you calls only. However they got an alumn who wanted to donate and it created confusion amongts the other student athletes (they arent normally call center ppl).

So there were a couple of calls where the students mistakenly asked for money before the staff realized what was going on and reminded them they were thank you calls only.

So was just a misunderstanding with the students who dont normally make calls to alumns, etc. One thing I'm glad I never had to do as a student lol.

• Like 1

If u believe that then I have a bridge to sell u really cheap...just like there was a written policy when the stadium started banning portable seats....

My father got a call at 4 pm... 3 hours after me asking for money...

One is Atheltics and one is the UA Foundation.

If u believe that then I have a bridge to sell u really cheap...just like there was a written policy when the stadium started banning portable seats....

I'm not sure what u r saying ... both calls went as follows(one to me and one to my father 3 hours later...same calls) : a UA athlete called and talked about athletics for about 2 mins... then the UA athlete asked if we wanted to donate... if we did them we would be transferred to someone else ... but again the athlete asked for money... not someone else ... Edited by UA1882

I'm not sure what u r saying ... both calls went as follows : a UA athlete called and talked about athletics for about 2 mins... then the UA athlete asked if we wanted to donate... if we did them we would be transferred to someone else ... but again the athlete asked for money... not someone else ...

You mentioned the portable seats issue, that was Athletic Department debacle. The calls come from the Foundation, a different part of the University. That's what I was referring to. And as for your bridge if it's related to the calls, I'd love to buy it since I believe Justin and Casey. If it was related to the seat debacle, I'd never buy that bridge.... :rolleyes:

One thing I'm glad I never had to do as a student lol.

My wife did this while we were in school at UA. She hated it and quit after a couple weeks. Said it was always so uncomfortable for her.

Yeah, I barely want to call and order a pizza or Chinese let alone fundraise. At least some students (and staff) enjoy and/or are good at it, gotta raise the money for us fans who want pretty things :)

Edited by MRSGDG

I also got a call and somehow missed it, so there was a voice mail from an athlete. Just a thank you for contributing to GDAC. So they didn't get a chance to ask for money. As far as I'm concerned they are on probation after last year's Casey Cluster$&@! So what they got is what they'll get.

I got a call as well, had a really pleasant conversation, Ms Tate thanked me for my donation and that was it. I was not solicited after I had just given.