UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Marist 12/7 7:00

I thought Nichols was just frustrated tonight also. He had the foul problems, a rough shooting night and then no matter what he did on defense the Funk kid (#30) was raining threes on him.

Honestly, I took it as a good sign when you're leading scoring goes 1-10, your top two big guys are out with injuries and you still win by double digits and outrebound them. Granted it was just a Maac team (that was for you Bob.)

Grayson looked pretty comfortable tonight. The Nichols foul problems might have helped him become a little more aggressive in the first half. Nice minutes by Devonte Campbell. If he can work into the rotation with Charles and Lands back, that's going to be a nice front court.

Since it was discussed earlier this week, Cremo had no turnovers and 7 assists.

Also, when the hell did Dallas become Dikembe Mutombo??? Blocking shots all over the place.

• Like 2

Remember when I said David reminded me of Raffa when I was at the Penn game...it's his attitude.

He has been giving 'tude all game. Pouted on the bench, not watching the game in the first half. Then in the second half he wouldn't slap Joe's hand as he went out. Joe turned around and asked him what was up...Jon Iati came over and yelled at him and then Brown went over to talk to him. He is a good player, but he needs to work on him team player attitude.

Anyone know why the kid has an attitude? First I've heard of him with attitude issues.

When NIchols came off the court and didn't slap hands, I thought he was just frustrated because nothing was going in and he was forcing everything. Even a pass or two he made were dropped. But there could be more to it.

This was curious too. I didn't even notice him in the game that's how quick his two fouls were. I thought he got benched for the first half as punishment for being late to a team meeting or something but good to know it wasn't anything like that.

Didn't see any of the extracurricular stuff with Joe though...but my guess is it was just his frustration boiling over. I know (and yes, you can laugh at this parallel I'm about to draw) that when I suck it up bad in my co-ed softball league, I don't want to talk to or sit next to anyone. I'm real competitive and even though it's just a beer league, I try to go out there and do my best and win ball games. When that doesn't happen it's easy to get upset. So maybe it was the same for David tonight.

T-U game story

Brown said after the game that Travis Charles will miss the next 10 days with a hairline fracture of the right tibial plateau, which is basically a broken knee.
He joins the list of Danes on the disabled list that includes forward Jaraan Lands (hamstring, expected to be out until mid-December), guard Jamir Andrews (knee, expected to be out another month)

Also, as I suspected, Albany will not come back to the Capital Region after the Colgate game; the Danes will head straight for Western New York (Canisius on Sunday)

T-U game story

Brown said after the game that Travis Charles will miss the next 10 days with a hairline fracture of the right tibial plateau, which is basically a broken knee.
He joins the list of Danes on the disabled list that includes forward Jaraan Lands (hamstring, expected to be out until mid-December), guard Jamir Andrews (knee, expected to be out another month)

Also, as I suspected, Albany will not come back to the Capital Region after the Colgate game; the Danes will head straight for Western New York (Canisius on Sunday)

Sucks. Hope everyone gets healthy. And hopefully guys like Campbell can do their thing filling in.

Remember when I said David reminded me of Raffa when I was at the Penn game...it's his attitude.

He has been giving 'tude all game. Pouted on the bench, not watching the game in the first half. Then in the second half he wouldn't slap Joe's hand as he went out. Joe turned around and asked him what was up...Jon Iati came over and yelled at him and then Brown went over to talk to him. He is a good player, but he needs to work on him team player attitude.

Anyone know why the kid has an attitude? First I've heard of him with attitude issues.

When NIchols came off the court and didn't slap hands, I thought he was just frustrated because nothing was going in and he was forcing everything. Even a pass or two he made were dropped. But there could be more to it.

This was curious too. I didn't even notice him in the game that's how quick his two fouls were. I thought he got benched for the first half as punishment for being late to a team meeting or something but good to know it wasn't anything like that.

Didn't see any of the extracurricular stuff with Joe though...but my guess is it was just his frustration boiling over. I know (and yes, you can laugh at this parallel I'm about to draw) that when I suck it up bad in my co-ed softball league, I don't want to talk to or sit next to anyone. I'm real competitive and even though it's just a beer league, I try to go out there and do my best and win ball games. When that doesn't happen it's easy to get upset. So maybe it was the same for David tonight.

Except this student athlete is getting a free education and you're just having fun :)

I've been to 3 or 4 away games this yr where I can hear exactly what is being said (for the good and the bad) and going to as many away games over the years where you hear everything due to proximity...I dunno..seems a lot more whiny than most. I only mention away games because at home games I'm wayyyy too far away to hear the team as a whole,coaches and players.

Do I really care, no :) , just an observation. Plus the interaction with him and Joe was definitely different.

Was there another instance between Nichols and Cremo..... besides Nichols not slapping his hand?

If it's anything at all... (or just a b-baller not being able to channel is passion perfectly)

.... maybe he's still a bit immature

.....maybe he's pissed that we haven't been looking very good the past three games.

Maybe time on the bench and a win will help rectify any issue, if there is one.

I'll take a Nichols on my team any day of the week.

Agree!

There was an article in the tu early in the year, how Nichols thought he should have gotten more minutes last year. His father who I think is a high school coach or assistant told him to be patient and bide his time. I think the kid is trying really hard to prove himself, maybe too hard at times. He obviously shows some issues with patients and frustrations; but I feel as he continues to mature and gains confidence [maybe that is the wrong word, as he does not seem lacking in this area "successes" maybe a better word], he is going to be a flat out star in the AmEast. I definitely agree with "08".

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1