UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 4 - vs Villanova - 9/23 - 7PM

I agree with all you guys - It is OBVIOUS to ALL of us AND to the other team When they bring in Sussman EVERYONE knows he is going to run the ball - Have him take a step step back and toss a 10 or 15 yard pass, have him do a play action ANYTHING!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

That was a great finish - The Defense was awesome except for a couple of unnecessary penalties. Coach Clarke was GOING OFF on the defense about being under control and not making stupid penalties - the late hit out of bounds - cost us. Bruson was awesome!!

It's a tough choice regarding who to give the game ball too...the D or Brunson. Kid played his heart out. I've gotten on him ever since he stepped onto the field but for once, since Fiacchi left, I was proud of our QB. Showed poise, made a bunch of nice touch passes and although he missed some reads/open guys, he generally saw the field well. Perhaps the game is starting to slow down for him. You can see he's gaining confidence and stringing together good series after good series.

Ok, was exciting. Brunson is growing up...I feel good about QB for the first time since Fiacchi's Sr year. Defense is for real and Bernard Clark has done a masterful job. The weak link in this chain is named Bernard. He's either got to go or they need to stop him from calling plays. May be a nice guy, may be friends with GG, but come on.....

• Like 3

Ok, was exciting. Brunson is growing up...I feel good about QB for the first time since Fiacchi's Sr year. Defense is for real and Bernard Clark has done a masterful job. The weak link in this chain is named Bernard. He's either got to go or they need to stop him from calling plays. May be a nice guy, may be friends with GG, but come on.....

I spoke to someone on the staff out of curiosity. Their surprising-in-tone response took me aback (gonna chalk it up to emotions after this crazy game) but per this staff member, Gattuso calls the plays/Bernard does as he's told.

Edited by Eli

Can we just give Brunson a standing o? Seriously, Ive been riding him like crazy but this man showed me something. He continues to pick up steam, throw after throw he was just making nice reads. Short, sidelines touch passes, scrambling though a collapsing pocket, blitz awareness. I think a few times he missed some opportunities to run when the defense had receivers bottled up. There really isn't a pass he can't make.

I'm proud of him... Can't believe I'm saying it. I've been hard in him. But he has been impressive.

• Like 2

Can we just give Brunson a standing o? Seriously, Ive been riding him like crazy but this man showed me something. He continues to pick up steam, throw after throw he was just making nice reads. Short, sidelines touch passes, scrambling though a collapsing pocket, blitz awareness. I think a few times he missed some opportunities to run when the defense had receivers bottled up. There really isn't a pass he can't make.

I'm proud of him... Can't believe I'm saying it. I've been hard in him. But he has been impressive.

Completely agree . He has looked better and better . Maybe they can open up the playbook more . Attendance was very good . Hopefully it keeps going as the weather gets colder. Nice win for a program that is growing .

• Like 1

Had contact with someone on the production team after the game. Just an FYI:

The last 2 football games (ESPN) were two separate issues. They are aware there is an on-going issue with people getting a clear feed from ESPN3, and they have addressed it with their contacts there. The issue lies on ESPNs end and seems to be on a large scale.

Last night was a complete fluke. The PE building lost power and the internet switch for Casey Stadium is in that building. It knocked out internet access to the entire stadium forcing ESPN3, both radios and live stats offline. They believe the marketing department continued to tweet updates on the @greatdanegameday and @ualbanyfootball twitter accounts to keep fans updated.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Yep, to concur Eli, I have been in contact with the Athletic Department staff since the ODU game. It's refreshing (but crappy) to hear that the problem is still with ESPN and not UA. I've been switching between Chrome and IE to get the games to work.

But our staff has been VERY attentive to e-mails, and responds very quickly. I have to give kudos to our department for responding to e-mails in such a fashion.

And to confirm, I just checked the Great Dane gameday feed...and they did do exactly what you mention, Eli. I will definitely check those feeds next time (if it occurs again)...and again, it's a great pro-active move from our ADept.

However, I think I speak for most...thank you and others for the updates. It's almost better to get it from fans. :)

Gotta say that I think the Athletic Department has TOTALLY grown to be a very solid DI department. If we get them the money through donations...they seem to know how to spend it properly. (Title IX issue aside...which we aren't the first or last school to struggle with that rule).

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

From the SBU board: "t got home and it was empty tonight why I don't know. CAA game , great weather and I guess we had 5k maybe . Anyway tough win but a win non the less . Towson played well and had a few chances to pull ahead."

Their box said 6672. That was an out-in-out lie...I watched part of that game and they barely filled the lower level of the home side. If they had 3-4k fans it would have been a lot. We still have work to do...a lot...but I still think UA is a sleeping mid-level giant that could average 10k a game. However, attendance for football still seems to be down, generally speaking, in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeas

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1