UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (2-1) - HOF Tip Off Tournament Sat @ 8pm & Sun @ 8pm

mohegan_sun_arena.jpg

Saturday

Albany is playing Grand Canyon University Saturday at 8pm.

Grand Caynon -- this is their 4th year at D1 and their coach is former Phoenix Sun Dan Majerle. Last year they were 27-7 with wins over San Diego State and Houston. They play in the WAC. This year they are 0-2 with lost to Duke by 35 and Penn State by 9.

Sunday

Albany is playing Brown Sunday at 8pm.

Brown- This year they are 1-2, with wins over Niagara and losses to Cincinnati by 29 and Rhode Island by 7. The last time we played Brown was in 2013-14 away and the score was 74-68. Interestingly our starting line up was Hooley, Evans, Johnson, S. Rowley and Puk...and the only player to hit a 3 pointer during the entire game was who... but our own Mike Rowley.

Radio: http://1045theteam.com/

Video: ESPN3 http://www.espn.com/watchespn/

PS: I put 2-1... not sure how you include/not include Oneonta in records

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=2113055

"This is the first time that UAlbany and Grand Canyon will meet. UAlbany has never played a current Western Athletic Conference member, while Grand Canyon, a Division I program since 2013, has not played an America East Conference team.

UAlbany returns to Uncasville for the first time since 2012 for the Tip-Off Tournament. Then, UAlbany defeated UMKC and fell to Loyola (Md.)."

Pretty sure UMKC is now in the WAC.

Based on Penn State/Cincy and being pretty dang good 3 out of 4 halves...do we think we have the chance to win both games?

I don't have an answer for that. I've liked the way the front court has looked. Lands and Charles (and now maybe Martin-Garcia) come off the bench, look pretty comfortable and really solid.

The backcourt has been a different story. Other Nichols and Cremo, we haven't seemed to find a rotation that works yet as far as I can tell. I'd like to see Costa Anderson get more time.

Admittedly, the guards have a tougher role as they're trying to run the offense.

Also a tough three games in that it's hard to figure out what's going on. Penn St. was probably the best gauge of we are. Then Cincy kind of screwed with my head considering how the two halves went, then Oneone is a throw-away game. Completely over matched them and provided no value. I think from this point forward, we'll start to get a sense of what's going on and what team do we actually have.

Edited by Clickclack