UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT/For Fun: 4th Annual The Basketball Tournament (TBT)

Eli

Pretty neat thing they got goin over there at TBT:

Wouldn't it be awesome to see a UAlbany alum team join the other schools? Who ya got for your UA team? Must be players who've graduated from UA or at least played most of their years at UA so guys like Suero don't count unfortunately. I also think we should keep it to D1...I don't think, as good as his stats were, that Holway could hang with a modern day D1 athlete. That's like asking a 1950's NBA player to guard a modern superstar like Lebron...they'd get eaten alive IMO. Kids today, due to improvements in science/knowing the body, are much better athletes IMO.

I got:

PG: Jamar Wilson

SG: Peter Hooley

SF: Ray Sanders

PF: Sam Rowely

C: John Puk

6: Mike Black

7: Tim Ambrose

8: Brent Wilson

9: Jason Siggers

10: Luke Devlin

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Mentioned in the "Where are they now" thread - EJ Gallup (not a graduate) is on the Fredette team in this tournament.

Re the ancients, if they were young today they would have the modern science/training/pharmaceuticals now available. Genetics doesn't change that much in one or two generations. Also their stats might be even better with a shot clock and three-point line (e.g. in 1970 Rick Mount of Purdue scored 61 vs. Iowa, had the arc been there he would've scored 74 with 13 three-pointers).

The main difference is that they were NAIA/College Division/D-III players, not D-I. I just wouldn't dismiss them out of hand. They were PLAYERS.

Edited by UAalum72

My money team:

PG: David Nichols

SG: Jamar

SF: Brian Lillis

PF: Sam Rowley

C: Jon Puk

Bench:

Evan Singletary

Jason Siggers

Brent Wilson

Kirsten Zoellner

Dane 96 (because I know he would donate the money to the athletics program)

• Like 1