UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Peter Hooley

Just an amazing young man! Can't say thank you enough to him for everything he has done for this program and for the university. So proud to be able to say I watched his whole career, his growth and his accomplishments on and off the court. Peter to me is what college sports should be about. It's watching players like him and careers like his that make following a program like ours so much fun. I will miss him greatly!

• Like 1

Just an amazing young man! Can't say thank you enough to him for everything he has done for this program and for the university. So proud to be able to say I watched his whole career, his growth and his accomplishments on and off the court. Peter to me is what college sports should be about. It's watching players like him and careers like his that make following a program like ours so much fun. I will miss him greatly!

Well said

• Like 1

He wasn't statistically the most prominent player, he had a pretty rough final season but I would support retiring his number and with SH patch considering what he's meant to this program. From an an exposure standpoint etc. Remarkable dude...one of a kind. I doubt we ever see someone with this impact on UA again. The commencement speech, the NYPost article, ESPN Sports Center coverage, the three NCAA tournament appearances and one win (even if it was in the PIG).

The guy is a walking legend. It was an honor and a privileged to watch his career.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

He wasn't statistically the most prominent player, he had a pretty rough final season but I would support retiring his number and with SH patch considering what he's meant to this program. From an an exposure standpoint etc. Remarkable dude...one of a kind. I doubt we ever see someone with this impact on UA again. The commencement speech, the NYPost article, ESPN Sports Center coverage, the three NCAA tournament appearances and one win (even if it was in the PIG).

The guy is a walking legend. It was an honor and a privileged to watch his career.

Believe it or not..Pomeroy had Hooley on his America East all-kenpom team based on player ratings through the end of the regular season.

• 3 weeks later...

Peter posted a senior year highlight video. Good stuff. It's funny the Buffalo fan click was arguing with over on the Ohio U board was describing our team to the OU fans and said Hooley was nothing more than a mediocre jump shooter and Singletary was our only threat to drive the ball. Most of the highlights are nice drives to the basket. hahahaa.