UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pete Dougherty's blog http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmedia/caa-football-package-includes-four-ualbany-telecasts/16448/ says "Three of the four Great Danes games will air on the American Sports Network, whose programming is picked up by WRGB digital channel 6.2 and WCWN (CW-45). ... last season most Saturday ASN telecasts wound up on WCWN.

• 2 weeks later...

Stony Brook schedule lists Albany at 1:00, Sat. Nov. 21

All right. Hope that time is set in stone as flight is now booked from Long Island to Florida Saturday night to catch the Danes basketball game in South Florida. I will obviously see other games on the other days

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Cross lists game time as 1:05. Barring any changes, schedule is now complete.

Sat, Sep 05 Buffalo at Buffalo, N.Y. 3:30 p.m. ESPN3

Sat, Sep 12 Rhode Island * Albany, N.Y. 3:30 p.m. ASN

Sat, Sep 19 James Madison * at Harrisonburg, Va. 3:00 p.m. CSN

Sat, Sep 26 Duquesne Albany, N.Y. 3:30 p.m.

Sat, Oct 03 Holy Cross at Worcester, Mass. 1:05 p.m. (Ring of Honor)

Sat, Oct 10 Maine * Albany, N.Y. 3:30 p.m. (HC)

Sat, Oct 17 Villanova * Albany, N.Y. 3:30 p.m. ASN

Sat, Oct 31 Richmond * at Richmond, Va. 3:30 p.m. (HC)

Sat, Nov 07 Delaware * at Newark, Del. 12:00 p.m. (HC)

Sat, Nov 14 New Hampshire * Albany, N.Y. 7:00 p.m. ASN

Sat, Nov 21 Stony Brook * at Stony Brook, N.Y. 1:00 p.m.

* Conference

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I never went to a game at the old field, I started following the team when they put up that camera during the winter showing the construction, but I will admit that I always get an awesome feeling when I go to a game win or lose. Definitely the same feeling as Winslow from the article...like we've arrived. It's just great to be up there in the stands. I'm also quite proud of being a UAlbany student (as opposed to any of the other local colleges or even schools within a 150 mile radius) and wear my UAlbany shirt, etc. more than just on game days. I'll become an alum in May.

BTW, I also like the Great Dane Game Day area with food, etc.

Edited by Ilko

I never went to a game at the old field, I started following the team when they put up that camera during the winter showing the construction, but I will admit that I always get an awesome feeling when I go to a game win or lose. Definitely the same feeling as Winslow from the article...like we've arrived. It's just great to be up there in the stands. I'm also quite proud of being a UAlbany student (as opposed to any of the other local colleges or even schools within a 150 mile radius) and wear my UAlbany shirt, etc. more than just on game days. I'll become an alum in May.

BTW, I also like the Great Dane Game Day area with food, etc.

Same here...I'll also be joining the alumni ranks this December as this will be my last semester. With time, more and more students will turn into alums that hopefully will be bound by UA sports to the school. Sports can absolutely serve as a gateway to an overall investment in the school. I find myself following stupid stuff like how much progress they have made on the new campus center.

It's good to hear that there's some dedicated younger fans. The old field was nice (the grass was nice and it had a good crown) but the fan experience was lousy. Little elevation from

the field and a LONG ways from the action. We had some good times during the first few years and I can recall some great games. The Alfred game during the 9-0 season was a gem.

If memory serves, UA won the toss and Ford (surprise!) deferred. Windy day. Long kickoff….Alfred return man gets blasted and coughs up the ball. UA has the ball deep in Alfred

territory….one of the first plays, the backup QB is in as a tailback and tosses an option pass out of the Wishbone for a TD…add an extra point. Albany won 7-6. And Alfred was good

back then. If anyone has a different recollection please correct me. All that being said, I much prefer the new field and have yet to miss a home game.

Jimbo, I was at that game and remember it pretty much as you recalled. I believe we were not favored as Alfred was an established program with a good track record. I think that may also have been the game where torrential rains began to fall after we had that 7-6 lead. Neither team could do much after that but we (fans) held our collective breaths until the final whistle.

UA66, forgot about the rain but sort of recall it was a lousy day weather wise. I do recall that neither team could get much done. There must have been a mixed extra point

by Alfred but not sure how that came about.

UAlbany football getting exciting - Gish's column while we were gone.

Nice info that season ticket sales have gone from 188 at University Field to 916 last weekend

Wow . Just catching up . That was in the useless ! Good job also warren

As haggy suggested, she's probably already been let go for penning this.