Photo

Stephen Woods

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

I am a baseball fan first and foremost, so it is embarrassing to me that I know nothing about UAs baseball program.

I noticed that in today's big trade announcement sending Evan Longoria from the Rays to the Giants, one of the minor leaguers in the Trade was Stephen Woods. According to his MiLB profile, he went to UA. Anyone have any info on him?

http://m.milb.com/milb/player/642225

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#2 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

From the UA release:
Woods, who was drafted by the Giants in the sixth round in 2016 following his junior year, is a native of Dix Hills, N.Y. In his final season with UAlbany, Woods went 4-5 with a 5.57 ERA with 88 strikeouts in 64.2 innings.

In 2015, 3-6, 3.98, 55 Ks, 42 walks in 54.1 innings

In 2014, 1-5, 10.98, 26 Ks 33 walks in 30.1 with 12 wild pitches and 6 hbp

#3 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

That is a mistake in release. It was 8th round by Giants. Sixth round out of high school by Ray's. I Haven't seen him pitch in minors yet. Saw him pitch a bunch of times at Albany.

#4 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

His main appeal was his stuff. If I remember correctly..his FB sat low 90s and could hit the mid 90s. His breaking ball was a plus pitch..when it was on. His main issue has been his control..as evidenced by his high BB rate in both college and the pros. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users