Photo

UA - Binghamton

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 reeder

reeder

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:22 PM

As some of you know, I try to go to the BPG every year with my son. We usually go skiing and to the game. This year the timing didn't work out so I decided to go to Binghamton instead. My youngest is 5 so I decided to bring him this year as well.

The plan was to go to the game on Saturday and then ski Saturday night and Sunday and fly back Sunday afternoon. Flew into Scranton (used frequent flier miles so my choices were somewhat limited) and stayed about 10 miles north of the airport.

The Game
My youngest couldn't understand why I wasn't rooting for the "green team" after all it was the green stadium. My oldest got into the game almost as much as I did. He was even heckling the Binghamton free throw shooters. Anyway, I was glad UA won as I would have had a tough time skiing after a loss. I think the team has to work through some offensive issues - but I'll post more about that later when I post my thoughts on the game.

I went to the Events Center last year, so I knew what to expect, but it was still impressive. Not just the facility, but the fan support as well. When I picked up my will call tickets, there was a line out the door. And the student section looked quite impressive.

If you are ever in the area and want to go skiing, Elk Mountain (about 45 miles south of Binghamton on 81) s a pretty good place. They have a kids program where the kids can take lessons for up to a full day. I'm not a good skier, as I only go this one time each year but the trails aren't too difficult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users