UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Smack Talk Out of Hand

First I do root for both UAlbany & Siena. I just find it hard to read the Siena message board re: the rivalry. They compare themselves to Syracuse & UAlbany to Colgate as question whether future games should be played against UAlbany. When was the last time Colgate gave Syracuse any competition or let alone a defeat? Yes Siena is a very talented team this year but what happens when McCaffrey bolts & they have to start that rebuilding process all over again? This to me is very frustrating. Also, Siena fans would rather play someone like Temple in place of UAlbany game as gain nothing much from it. Siena had a chance to jump to the A-10 but did not & still expect to be compared to the elite as state UAlbany should be grateful for the chance to play them. As a local fan, I still see UAlbany overtaking Siena in the near future as have more potential to join higher league & may take over the Big Arena. I will always wish Siena great success but please get off the high horse. They are never going to get 10,000 fans for MAAC games during the regular season.

First I do root for both UAlbany & Siena. I just find it hard to read the Siena message board re: the rivalry. They compare themselves to Syracuse & UAlbany to Colgate as question whether future games should be played against UAlbany. When was the last time Colgate gave Syracuse any competition or let alone a defeat? Yes Siena is a very talented team this year but what happens when McCaffrey bolts & they have to start that rebuilding process all over again? This to me is very frustrating. Also, Siena fans would rather play someone like Temple in place of UAlbany game as gain nothing much from it. Siena had a chance to jump to the A-10 but did not & still expect to be compared to the elite as state UAlbany should be grateful for the chance to play them. As a local fan, I still see UAlbany overtaking Siena in the near future as have more potential to join higher league & may take over the Big Arena. I will always wish Siena great success but please get off the high horse. They are never going to get 10,000 fans for MAAC games during the regular season.

They are breaking their arms off patting themselves on the back. If you listened to Whylands show this morning...proof positive that it's a fan base full of morons. Every year it's been close and they sweat the game out and now that they worked us with one of their best teams they think it will always be like that.

We need to put our nose to the grindstone and keep building our entire athletic dept. get football up to speed, keep building lacrosse, put yourself in a position to be a more then a one trick pony. The rest will take care of itself including this rivalry.

They do realize they have a large rebuilding year coming up after the big three leave. I'll be curious to see if Fran stays after the big three leave.

It won't be a "large rebuilding year".

Rossiter will be the preseason MAAC Player of the Year next year - he's a guy that should average 16 and 12 next year without blinking. Clarence Jackson, the guy that torched you guys the other night, will also be a preseason First Team All-MAAC pick. How many teams with two First Team All-Conference players are "rebuilding"?

Siena has some enormous gaps to fill next year, but they'll have two stars, other guys with tons of experience and some talented freshman that will have to contribute, especially Basabe. And throw in the Seton Hall transfer, at 6'9 250, as well.

The most difficult guy to replace will be their engine...R. Moore. Both Yard and Breeden got a good chunk of minutes in the game on Saturday both looked completely unprepared. They better get up to speed especially who ever the PG of the future is.

I'm not saying they can't or won't but if you wanted to know why those guys don't play....they don't play because they are beyond raw.

I must still be punchy from the beating we took on Saturday, but I have to agree with Soup. It would be a huge mistake to underestimate the player development skills of the Siena staff. I was very impressed by the development of Rossiter between his freshman and sophomore seasons and while this season I've only seen Siena play on Saturday and a few minutes on channelsurfing last night, it looks to me like Wignot has made similar developmental improvement. Not to mention that the "big 3" and Moore, in particular has made significant progess each successive season. My assumption is that if the Siena staff stays in tact, at least one of this year's bench freshman will improve greatly by the beginning of next season.

Didn't see the thread on their board..but the way I see it..let them talk all the smack they want. Also, when you look at the facts, they did straight up demolish past weekend, There's no way going around that. Then when we beat them..we can talk all the smack to them about not only are we better than them in every other sport, but now basketball too.

I must still be punchy from the beating we took on Saturday, but I have to agree with Soup. It would be a huge mistake to underestimate the player development skills of the Siena staff. I was very impressed by the development of Rossiter between his freshman and sophomore seasons. Not to mention that the "big 3" and Moore, in particular has made significant progess each successive season. My assumption is that if the Siena staff stays intact, at least one of this year's bench freshman will improve greatly by the beginning of next season.

I agree. Watching a big guy like Rossiter significantly improve year over year is a tribute to hard work and solid coaching.

I'm not here to bash UAlbany and there is no good reason to abolish the game. Most seasons the margin of victory has been close. Comments on the Siena board do suggest we are doing you a favor by scheduling the game and that is unfortunate proving, the "Big Hoops Wannabee's" are on a roll. Your program is on the downward swing of the cycle and most fans understand what the means.

B'way...Siena never had any opportunity to go A10. I do not think so.

They are breaking their arms off patting themselves on the back. If you listened to Whylands show this morning...proof positive that it's a fan base full of morons.

How much more proof do you really need. You know the type of student that gets into that school.

As far as I know it has been the same type of student over the last 100 years. So what type of fan base would you expect out of alumni and some people who wanted to go there and couldn't get accepted.

They are breaking their arms off patting themselves on the back. If you listened to Whylands show this morning...proof positive that it's a fan base full of morons.

How much more proof do you really need. You know the type of student that gets into that school.

As far as I know it has been the same type of student over the last 100 years. So what type of fan base would you expect out of alumni and some people who wanted to go there and couldn't get accepted.

"...some people who wanted to go there and couldn't get accepted." You lost me there, Bob. Things must have changed. At one time the only admission standards were: the body had to be warm and the wallet full.

"...some people who wanted to go there and couldn't get accepted." You lost me there, Bob. Things must have changed. At one time the only admission standards were: the body had to be warm and the wallet full.

UA66

I had a couple of people (MTS to name one) who ocassionally post here and are even dumber than the average LCC fan in mind with that crack. If you believe the maac board, MTS applied there at least a few times and did not get accepted. I believe the admission standards are still exactly as you say.

UA66

I had a couple of people (MTS to name one) who ocassionally post here and are even dumber than the average LCC fan in mind with that crack. If you believe the maac board, MTS applied there at least a few times and did not get accepted. I believe the admission standards are still exactly as you say.

Stay Classy, Boob. Enjoy living in Siena's shadow.

UA66

Stay Classy, Boob. Enjoy living in Siena's shadow.

Thanks Bob, this has provided me great entertainment today. Keep up the good work. I'll always have your back because you always speak the truth.

Archived