UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #18: 1/10/18 - 7:00pm - vs Stony Brook

When did the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality begin?

Wasn't in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s....

If, in fact, pansyism took hold and blossomed out of control,

did it start somewhere around that time?

Haven't the millenials been labeled 'generation snowflake'?

I don't know if I agree that this team is soft...to me they look like some adversity hit and they are trying to find themselves. These are the times you dig deep...get mad...go through a wall for a win.

I think that's what CB was trying to say..they need to get mad...

• Like 1

Maybe Im exaggerating as well with the softness of our team and its more of just my opinion of that generation as a whole.

I'm technically part of the generation you speak of and even I'm ashamed of my 'peers' as a whole.

But I don't think it has to do with our team.

Edited by Eli

When did the 'everyone gets a trophy' mentality begin?

Wasn't in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s....

If, in fact, pansyism took hold and blossomed out of control,

did it start somewhere around that time?

Haven't the millenials been labeled 'generation snowflake'?

I dont know ask the baby boomers who created these "softies" (sarcasm) everyone talks about..ask them why they did what they did with their kids when they raised them. Everyone gets a trophy is more the parent's fault who made the rules that everyone gets one. Have you askes on of those parents why they wanted their kid to get a trophy? And then that same generation bashes the kids they raised lol. People hated the hippie kids in the 60s and 70s...all the same bias by each generation.

Anyone who uses generational bias is looking for excuses, including the coaching staff. Just lazy excuse in my opinion.

Edited by MRSGDG

It's all crap...this generation, that generation...Life has a way of teaching its lessons. You either learn to bust your ass, work hard, push forward or you don't and not reap the rewards of hard work.

Agreed, which is why its annoying when the bias is brought up. It is character , and if this team can't work hard and can't push forward as you stated then maybe that's on the coaching staff for not finding the certain kids with a certain personalities / character that need to be on the team because somehow other teams are out toughing us.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

It's all crap...this generation, that generation...Life has a way of teaching its lessons. You either learn to bust your ass, work hard, push forward or you don't and not reap the rewards of hard work.

Agreed, which is why its annoying when the bias is brought up. It is character , and if this team can't work hard and can't push forward as you stated then maybe that's on the coaching staff for not finding the certain kids with a certain personalities / character that need to be on the team because somehow other teams are out toughing us.

There have always been losers and always will be losers in life...I'm speaking in general terms regarding generational differences.

Edited by Clickclack

I'm excited to see how many minutes Cochran gets tonight.

I'm also interested in seeing what the attendance will be. SBU is typically a rivalry strong attendance game, but the students aren't back yet, and the team just suffered 2 bad losses. It will be interesting to see.

Edited by godanesgo99

I'm excited to see how many minutes Cochran gets tonight.

I'm also interested in seeing what the attendance will be. SBU is typically a rivalry strong attendance game, but the students aren't back yet, and the team just suffered 2 bad losses. It will be interesting to see.

Agreed, can't wait to see if Cochran can build on a solid few minutes last game.