UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bing shock UA, wins Vball title

can't believe the season ended like that...3-1 loss

Albany looked up-tight through out. even in the third set which they dominated, they looked nervous. Bingo looked relaxed and played for the most part like they had nothing to lose, which is often the case for the underdog (even though they were the preseason pick of the AE)

Anyone in-the-know: is there is any chance of an at-large bid to the NCCA? 21-9 (10-0) not too shabby. 22-9 if we beat American on the 28th. Anyhow congratulations ladies on a fantastic season.

can't believe the season ended like that...3-1 loss

Albany looked up-tight through out. even in the third set which they dominated, they looked nervous. Bingo looked relaxed and played for the most part like they had nothing to lose, which is often the case for the underdog (even though they were the preseason pick of the AE)

Anyone in-the-know: is there is any chance of an at-large bid to the NCCA? 21-9 (10-0) not too shabby. 22-9 if we beat American on the 28th. Anyhow congratulations ladies on a fantastic season.

I am not an expert but I would say no. The last RPI report of 11/16 had us at 56. Only 1 win vs top 50, Middle Tenn(35) and 3 against top 100. Penn 92 total Virginia 99.

I would think UA would need an rpi no higher than 40 and some more big wins. Also Bingo was 192 on the 11/16 report so this is a really bad loss for an at large.

I think an at-large is out of the question at this point. Unfortunate considering the season we had. Tough loss.

On a side note, did you see the article in TU? Coach Engstrom got some slams in on Amanda Cowdrey leaving the team after last season. She said the team was better without her. Amazing, since she followed Coach Sheffield to Dayton. Last night she was named MVP after Dayton won their conference championship. I bet Coach Engstrom would like to eat those words now. Congrats to Amanda. I, for one, miss her.

I think we're done until next year.

Archived