UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

OT: Stony Brook - Merchant Marine

lol...that is pretty crazy though. However, IMO, if you suck so bad that you lose by 90...that's your own fault. I hate 'mercy' rules and it has nothing to do with bad sportmanship IMO. I'll help you up if you fall down, as an opponent, but if you're so bad that I beat you into submission...too bad. Suck it up, buttercup. What do people expect? The winning team to purposely miss shots or hold the ball and get shot clock violations?

At the same time...why is a D1 team playing a D3 team? At least do D2...

Edited by Ilko

sorry group for putting the S.B. stuff on the football line but didn't want to put anything regarding their hoop team on our hoop teams thread.....the point was they kept launching 3's after the game was ridiculously out of hand....running their offense and scoring baskets is OK in my book..

I'm kind of on the fence here. These early games are opportunities for putting your practice to the test and shooting 3s with even a little pressure is different than doing it against your practice squad. I don't see a big difference in passing around and hitting 3s as opposed to running up the score with fast breaks.

At the same time...why is a D1 team playing a D3 team? At least do D2...

Agreed. Who is the one that benefits here? Is The D1 team doing a D2/3 team a favor by scheduling them letting their guys play a D1 game? These aren't money games either correct? So SBU can't fill home games so they get this. If I were the USMM why the hell would we ever want to play you anymore.

Don't we have a D3 team on our schedule this year, or did Oneonta move up to D2...

We do have them...not sure what they are. But that's my point, I don't even know why Brown is bothering...it does nothing but get you 1 win closer to a 20 win season and MAYBE some 'game action' practice lol.

Don't we have a D3 team on our schedule this year, or did Oneonta move up to D2...

We do have them...not sure what they are. But that's my point, I don't even know why Brown is bothering...it does nothing but get you 1 win closer to a 20 win season and MAYBE some 'game action' practice lol.

I think the reason we are playing DIII Oneonta is because we need to play somebody. Otherwise, a large gap in the playing schedule will make the team rusty at the next outing. All the regular SUNY schools besides the four university centers play at the Division III level.

• Like 1

I think the reason we are playing DIII Oneonta is because we need to play somebody. Otherwise, a large gap in the playing schedule will make the team rusty at the next outing. All the regular SUNY schools besides the four university centers play at the Division III level.

It wouldn't be an unusual long break . Just from Thursday at home until Tuesday at Tampa if you didn't have Saturdays game