UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs NJIT - 11/27/15 @ 7PM

Eli

I think it would be a big mistake and premature to sit Peter. I think he means more to this team then turnovers and some missed shots.

In our two poor losses (BU and USF) it was much more then Peter that cost us those games.

I don't know...there is something to be said for playing poorly and not contributing. Peter is actually hurting the team.

I think it would be a big mistake and premature to sit Peter. I think he means more to this team then turnovers and some missed shots.

In our two poor losses (BU and USF) it was much more then Peter that cost us those games.

Disagree.

We obviously all love Peter. After from Jamar, I think he's our second best player overall in program history in everything he brought to the team, the community, even PR (albeit for reasons not of his choice, unfortunately). Right now he needs some tough love...and that's spending a few more minutes on the bench. Keep practicing. Brown will see the funk wear off before we do.

I'll take three years of play as a better predictor of future success than the past 6 games. Coach Brown said Hooley's thinking too much right now..not sure sitting him..whatever that means..will help with that. Even with his shooting slump..he's stilling getting to the line..leading the team in FTA. And leads the team in FT% among those with more than 2 FTA/game. If he's too timid on the court against Yale..then Cremo will likely get more playing time..just like what happened against NJIT.

• Like 1

I'll take three years of play as a better predictor of future success than the past 6 games. Coach Brown said Hooley's thinking too much right now..not sure sitting him..whatever that means..will help with that. Even with his shooting slump..he's stilling getting to the line..leading the team in FTA. And leads the team in FT% among those with more than 2 FTA/game. If he's too timid on the court against Yale..then Cremo will likely get more playing time..just like what happened against NJIT.

Which is what 'sitting' him means. No one is saying he should be benched and not step foot on the court...but he should only get 20-25 minutes a game from here on out until he has a breakout performance. Giving him 35 minutes is hurting us, presently. We'll see how Yale unfolds. For all we know, this conversation could be moot by dinner tomorrow.

We're debating the playing time of a guy who could be our 5th leading D1 scorer by the end of the day. The real Peter Hooley will show up and he's not the first guy to go through this - Brian Lillis, Mike Black and others have struggled at times in their senior season.

In the meantime, as much as is sucks to watch him go through this, long-term it's probably not a bad thing if Cremo and Andrews can get some minutes early in the season. It will make us that much of a better team in February and March.