UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 8 - vs Rhode Island - 10/28 - 1PM

Incredibly disappointing how quickly this season went off the rails. It's tough to overstate how bad the OLine has performed. No protection..no holes for the run game. Hasn't even given our subpar QB play a chance. Mofor looks to be a talent..but he's still a true freshman running behind a non-existent line. Kind of had to bring in Sussman yesterday..but his inability to look off any throw all but guarantees INTs. Also confused why our QBs..mainly Brunson..never throws the ball away. All sacks or forced throws.

The defense has gotten questionable as well. They're mostly good at keeping points off the board..but struggle to make a stop when the team needs it most. How many three-and-outs have there been during this losing streak? Not many. Kind of getting the feeling that they've given up over the past few games. Little to no energy or passion the last two games especially.

Whether it's recruiting or in-game play calling..or both..tough to imagine that coaching changes won't be made when it comes to the offense.

Edited by Phoenix

If he keeps the staff intact, that is no bueno. GG will need to make the tough choice and fire friends.

In my opinion, the OC is the only one that needs to go. I think Sweeney can coach the offensive line. I just think this line is really young, inexperienced and a few not living up to whatever expectations they had. Probably need to make some changes there in the offseason if they don't think these kids can improve.

Still do not have a qb that is d1 caliber. Gg's inability to recruit this vital position will cost him his job. This team will not be better next year because they are a complete zero at qb unless one gets brought in as a transfer. Bad place to be for Gattuso in final year of contract.

Brunson and Sussman stink! Brunson showed flashes but regressed to such a scary degree it's frightening. Neither one deserves a single minute going forward but someone has to take the snaps.

Need to also find which mensa candidate continues to call Sussman up the middle for 1 yard and fire that stubborn dope immediately.

Edited by Clickclack

In the TU today, GG says there will be an open competition in practice for the O Line slots. I hope that's the case all the time. My wife noted yesterday how big the URI O Line was...and they were. All 300+ except for one in the 290s. But GG has stated that they are more interested in mobility than size. Nice, but if you're betting your offense on the running game a few massive road graders couldn't hurt. This is the year those first two recruiting classes should be filling in nicely as replacements on the O Line. Not so much. We need to face the fact that this team has taken a huge step back since mid season and is now quite possibly the worst or next to worst in the CAA. Elon has rocketed past, SBU is seemingly solid, URI crushed us, W&M (who knows?)....Delaware has it going on again. Despite knocking off Villanova, we're not in the upper crust.

Put Testaverde in or something at this point. Isn't there a 4th QB on the roster? Thompson or something? Can't get much worse. Throw them all out there and see what sticks.

The mysterious thing is what happened to our D? In the beginning of the year we were forcing turnovers left and right. D was KILLIN it. We had a couple yesterday but the last 3 or so games the D has been super suspect.

Edited by Eli

Put Testaverde in or something at this point. Isn't there a 4th QB on the roster? Thompson or something? Can't get much worse. Throw them all out there and see what sticks.

The mysterious thing is what happened to our D? In the beginning of the year we were forcing turnovers left and right. D was KILLIN it. We had a couple yesterday but the last 3 or so games the D has been super suspect.

Testaverde has to sit out because it was a D1 to D1. So he's got one year of eligibility. SBU has a massive O Line and a massive D Line. Good luck! Did anyone notice that Elon beat Villanova without their stud RB?

It's very clear what happened to the d, standing on their head all season even they have had it with this $ienaty offense. Giant massive f you!

Brunson makes a statement to the media and than goes out and completely embarrassed himself. Clearly he's no mark massier

Edited by Clickclack

Testaverde has to sit out because it was a D1 to D1. So he's got one year of eligibility. SBU has a massive O Line and a massive D Line. Good luck! Did anyone notice that Elon beat Villanova without their stud RB?

Ahh, I see (on Testaverde).

It's very clear what happened to the d, standing on their head all season even they have had it with this $ienaty offense. Giant massive f you!

Brunson makes a statement to the media and than goes out and completely embarrassed himself. Clearly he's no mark massier

Yeah not sure what the thought process was. He promised a much better O and it was probably our worst one yet lol.

Good to see Gattuso working extra hard to throw the kids on the o line under the buss. That's what real leaders do! Real leaders also put kids in position to fail.. Like running Sussman up the middle 4 times a game for a half a yard!

What he do? lol

If he keeps the staff intact, that is no bueno. GG will need to make the tough choice and fire friends.

In my opinion, the OC is the only one that needs to go. I think Sweeney can coach the offensive line. I just think this line is really young, inexperienced and a few not living up to whatever expectations they had. Probably need to make some changes there in the offseason if they don't think these kids can improve.

Just curious - what have you seen to make you think Sweeney is doing a good job coaching the offensive line? I'm not saying that he's not but we've never had a good offensive line in the 4 years that this staff has been here. Even last year when we had all the seniors, they struggled. To clarify - they did open holes for Hanks but they had trouble with pass protection. Edited by reeder

Just curious - what have you seen to make you think Sweeney is doing a good job coaching the offensive line? I'm not saying that he's not but we've never had a good offensive line in the 4 years that this staff has been here. Even last year when we had all the seniors, they struggled. To clarify - they did open holes for Hanks but they had trouble with pass protection.

I thought the line the past two season was pretty good, especially in the run game. Pass protection was not terrible. Not nearly as many sacks as this year. I think this year they are just really young and possibly a few don't belong in the CAA but we will see.