212 replies to this topic

#121 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

I have been going to Albany-Siena games for 60 years.  The first four as a player(2 wins,2 losses) and the remainder as a spectator.  This is an important event in the Capital District.  This year was an excellent option.  UA got great seats.  The games were great.

Concessions are over priced!  I would favor this years set up with the game being out of season packages and being split until UA can update SEFCU to 6000+ seats.  Then Home and Home makes sense!!  

I'm all for the TUC being the neutral site for this game, as soon as Siena decides they don't want to play their actual home games there. As long as they play their home games there you can paint the whole thing purple and it's not a neutral site.

#122 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

I have been going to Albany-Siena games for 60 years.  The first four as a player(2 wins,2 losses) and the remainder as a spectator.  This is an important event in the Capital District.  This year was an excellent option.  UA got great seats.  The games were great.
Concessions are over priced!  I would favor this years set up with the game being out of season packages and being split until UA can update SEFCU to 6000+ seats.  Then Home and Home makes sense!!  

I'm all for the TUC being the neutral site for this game, as soon as Siena decides they don't want to play their actual home games there. As long as they play their home games there you can paint the whole thing purple and it's not a neutral site.
Someone on their board said at this rate they'll be playing on campus sooner than later (their losing fans and season ticket holders by the second...droppin like flies). Then it can be a true neutral site.

Edited by Eli, 10 December 2017 - 07:05 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#123 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Most of the Siena board is entertaining, but when they get into their recruiting disadvantages compared to other schools it's easily my favorite thing.

I'm sorry, you play in a "pro" arena and you're the one program your school POURS resources into and you're at a recruiting disadvantage? You don't do JUCO's, fine...you can't get the kids in that Iona can, fine...WHO ELSE IN YOUR CONFERENCE CAN OFFER WHAT YOU CAN????

You're not firing your coach and AD mid season because of your Franciscan values?? Just admit the truth and get off your high horse, we can't afford or don't want to pay to remove both of them in the middle of the season.

Now I'm actually done, I've drank too much coffee today.

#124 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

One of their posters said SEFCU will always be a “gym” no matter how it’s improved. LCC plays in a conference where all of the on campus facilities are smaller than ours...many are considerably smaller.

#125 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

One of their posters said SEFCU will always be a “gym” no matter how it’s improved. LCC plays in a conference where all of the on campus facilities are smaller than ours...many are considerably smaller.

was gonna say, I watched the Monmouth game...SEFCU isn't close to that.

QZcTc3.gifknLKdl.gif

#126 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Most of the Siena board is entertaining, but when they get into their recruiting disadvantages compared to other schools it's easily my favorite thing.

I'm sorry, you play in a "pro" arena and you're the one program your school POURS resources into and you're at a recruiting disadvantage? You don't do JUCO's, fine...you can't get the kids in that Iona can, fine...WHO ELSE IN YOUR CONFERENCE CAN OFFER WHAT YOU CAN????

You're not firing your coach and AD mid season because of your Franciscan values?? Just admit the truth and get off your high horse, we can't afford or don't want to pay to remove both of them in the middle of the season.

Now I'm actually done, I've drank too much coffee today.

Funny, they used to say Albany could never match them because they had so many advantages (including how much they can pay a coach) over a mere state school

#127 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Really just because the Monmouth arena is newer, also the big donor was the founder of Hess and his son is still the CEO of the company. The rest of the MAAC arenas aren't anything special.

#128 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Of course Monmouth is a new non-Catholic member of the MAAC, jimbo is correct about the rest of that league's gyms.

#129 PurpleHoops

PurpleHoops

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

One of their posters said SEFCU will always be a gym no matter how its improved. LCC plays in a conference where all of the on campus facilities are smaller than ours...many are considerably smaller.

. Additionally, when Siena goes on the road and plays in those other gyms, attendance is not very good. I believe attendance was around 800-900 last year at Niagara, and 1400 at Canisius. In fact last year when they played at St. Bonaventure, for the coveted Franciscan Cup attendance was 3859. And they traveled all the way to Leigh University in Pennsylvania last month to play in front of a whooping crowd of 767.

Edited by PurpleHoops, 10 December 2017 - 08:59 PM.

#130 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,915 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Wait till sefcu is renovated into a bowl.. Will happen... That excuse will run out as well.

#131 B9j2j6s

B9j2j6s

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

Hopefully with Purple and gold seats. Would love to see pictures someday.

#132 alum73

alum73

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

Quinnipiac's facilities are very nice.

#133 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

Quinnipiac's facilities are very nice.

Smaller than ours , a little too bright but nice.

#134 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:26 AM

https://dailygazette...g-ualbany-siena

#135 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Really just because the Monmouth arena is newer, also the big donor was the founder of Hess and his son is still the CEO of the company. The rest of the MAAC arenas aren't anything special.

And it's still smaller than SEFCU. Capacity listed at 4100.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users