UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football Gameplan's Weekly Predictions

I'd never been to that site before. Is it a common occurance that our (and the rest of the NEC teams') games aren't even predicted?

Yes. Usually our league games will not carry a line or be predicted. In other words we have been the red-headed step child of FCS football for years now. Our team has gained great respect on the national scene in the last two years (wins at Delaware and at Lehigh last year), but the rest of the league has not had the same success, with the exception of Central Connecticut and maybe Monmouth.

Take a look over at www.anygivensaturday.com for the perception of our league.

But be forewarned...you might want to read the board for a long time before posting. The people over there are very very knowledgeable about FCS football and have no problem ripping newbies a new one if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the heads-up dane. I haven't been to the AGS board, but had kind of assumed the things you mentioned based on what I've seen posters on this board write about it.

I saw the prediction site and just assumed it was posted because it had our game, then thought I was losing my mind cause I couldn't find us. Then it finally clicked that no NEC team was on there. Kind of a bit surprising with our quality wins last year.

Do some of the higher profile (UA/CCSU, UA/MU, CCSU/MU) NEC games get recognized, or not even that?

Thanks for the heads-up dane. I haven't been to the AGS board, but had kind of assumed the things you mentioned based on what I've seen posters on this board write about it.

I saw the prediction site and just assumed it was posted because it had our game, then thought I was losing my mind cause I couldn't find us. Then it finally clicked that no NEC team was on there. Kind of a bit surprising with our quality wins last year.

Do some of the higher profile (UA/CCSU, UA/MU, CCSU/MU) NEC games get recognized, or not even that?

Yeah, the higher profile game do get recognized, just like the San Diego/Dayton game from the PFL this week. Its pretty much a lock that the winner of the USD/Dayton game will be playing in the Gridiron Classic game this year. The winner of the NEC travels to the PFL team this year. (This assumes that neither the PFL or NEC champ gets an at-large bid to the playoffs, which is highly unlikely).

There are predictions every week put up by posters on www.anygivensaturday.com which offer some good insight on other teams.

this weeks NEC predictions: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31503

danefan, I love your signature and its UAlbany/BPF advertising over at the anygivensaturday page! Good stuff!

Feel free to "borrow" it from me.

And if anyone ever finds out who does that blog I'd love to know. That is a great blog.

danefan, I love your signature and its UAlbany/BPF advertising over at the anygivensaturday page! Good stuff!

Feel free to "borrow" it from me.

And if anyone ever finds out who does that blog I'd love to know. That is a great blog.

Thanks for the compliment. I write the http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/ blog.

Very nice touch over on the AnyGivenSaturday site.

Cheers

Archived