UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I get the bag rule...someone could have a pipe bomb in a backpack for all we know. The SEAT stuff is just comical though and should be left alone. It's CLEARLY a money grab (again for those who already purchased seats) under the guise of public safety.

It's no more dangerous than a blanket. If I was truly evil, I could wrap someone up in a blanket and push them down the stairs...for example. I mean, come on. We going to ban blankets next? Or I could turn around and chuck my phone at Jimbo's face. Time to ban phones!

I don't understand why they are bumping that all in with the bag stuff. The bag stuff is normal at any landmark, etc. such as One World Trade Center. I took my fiance there for her birthday this summer and they were quite strict on bags, etc.

Hey now....I gotta worry about flying cell phones? Actually I'm more worried about those $1,000+ donors lighting their 1844 seat cushions on fire with a bic and flinging them like flaming frisbees in trying reenact an apocalyptic scene from "Independence Day" or something. You know, trying to disrupt a place kicker. I can just see it on Sportscenter. Field goal kicker chased from field by flaming seat cushions. The stuff of nightmares I tell ya.
  • Like 1

"We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the venue, not permissible items that are brought to a game. Therefore, guests can carry in their pockets or jacket keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc., if they choose not to put them in a clear bag"

So, cargo shorts can revert to their roots, providing six or more roomy pockets to carry your stuff. Now we just need inflatable chairbacks.

• Like 1

All humor aside: Stadium seat fiasco: Clumsy and amateurish handling of a non issue that stinks to high heaven and appears to be a money grab. Bag issue: not terrible policy, but delayed implementation and clumsy and amateurish. Until they buy back the seats it's still an issue due to the complete and utter incompetence involved with selling an item that, according to their spokesperson, should never had been allowed in the stadium...but was..,and the university profited from. That is incomprehensible to me.

• Like 1

To follow up on Jimbo's in a nutshell: The reason I was given to stadium seats not allowed is that angry fans can throw them on the field. When I asked what is the difference if I throw my seat on the field or UA's seat on the field--here it comes: they will supposedly be bolting the UA stadium seats to your bleacher location. The problem I see with this, is what about the casual fan who comes to the game and is willing to pay his $5 for a stadium game day seat. Boom an unbolted projectile and I am defenseless since my weapon is screwed into the bleachers. Which brings me to a second point. This Saturday I am going to the game with a group of 6 or 7 friends. The ticket price in my season area is too expensive so we will be sitting elsewhere. Since my seat is now bolted in place, I cannot move it to the new area. This is really only a one game inconvenience--no biggie; but my old stadium seat is really no more than two cushions stitched together with a couple of side straps. Entirely made off FABRIC with a couple of plastic strips--not a steel framed weapon like the UA version.

Anyhow after listening to the asst. athletic director's explanation (some of which did not add up; like the rule has been in effect for 4 years--I read the policy procure every year cover to cover & the warning posted on the entrance gates never mentioned this rule), I pretty much thanked him for my non-weapon screwed in seat and hung up on such nonsense.

They're going to bolt stadium seats to the bleacher location? That seems ridiculous. So some areas of the bleachers will have seats and others wont? LOL

This whole thing just keeps getting more ridiculous with every passing minute. Bolt seats to the bleachers... Haha... Lol

Just took a look again at OSU's current game day policy at the Shoe and noted that Casey Stadium is more restrictive by not allowing items like umbrellas and seat cushions which are allowed at an OSU home game. Interesting when you think you're looking at a 100,000+ seat stadium vs. 8,000.

Edited by Brutus

To follow up on Jimbo's in a nutshell: The reason I was given to stadium seats not allowed is that angry fans can throw them on the field. When I asked what is the difference if I throw my seat on the field or UA's seat on the field--here it comes: they will supposedly be bolting the UA stadium seats to your bleacher location. The problem I see with this, is what about the casual fan who comes to the game and is willing to pay his $5 for a stadium game day seat. Boom an unbolted projectile and I am defenseless since my weapon is screwed into the bleachers. Which brings me to a second point. This Saturday I am going to the game with a group of 6 or 7 friends. The ticket price in my season area is too expensive so we will be sitting elsewhere. Since my seat is now bolted in place, I cannot move it to the new area. This is really only a one game inconvenience--no biggie; but my old stadium seat is really no more than two cushions stitched together with a couple of side straps. Entirely made off FABRIC with a couple of plastic strips--not a steel framed weapon like the UA version.

Anyhow after listening to the asst. athletic director's explanation (some of which did not add up; like the rule has been in effect for 4 years--I read the policy procure every year cover to cover & the warning posted on the entrance gates never mentioned this rule), I pretty much thanked him for my non-weapon screwed in seat and hung up on such nonsense.

They're going to bolt stadium seats to the bleacher location? That seems ridiculous. So some areas of the bleachers will have seats and others wont? LOL

That's how my seat is. Bolted. No other seats that I could see anywhere near me. I'm having mine removed, decided it's not comfortable enough...my back is good (thanks to the backrest) but my butt isn't (seat area too small).

And I'm assuming they don't install it for every game and then remove? So that means some lucky guy for LAX or Soccer who has my seat as a season seat is getting a free seat? lol.

I already told you... You MAY have an ass size problem... Lol

I get the bag rule...someone could have a pipe bomb in a backpack for all we know. The SEAT stuff is just comical though and should be left alone. It's CLEARLY a money grab (again for those who already purchased seats) under the guise of public safety.

It's no more dangerous than a blanket. If I was truly evil, I could wrap someone up in a blanket and push them down the stairs...for example. I mean, come on. We going to ban blankets next? Or I could turn around and chuck my phone at Jimbo's face. Time to ban phones!

I don't understand why they are bumping that all in with the bag stuff. The bag stuff is normal at any landmark, etc. such as One World Trade Center. I took my fiance there for her birthday this summer and they were quite strict on bags, etc.

You're allowed bags into citi field and other professional ballparks. If it's because the school can't pay for enough security to check bags and stuff then I guess I get it.

You're allowed bags into citi field and other professional ballparks. If it's because the school can't pay for enough security to check bags and stuff then I guess I get it.

Maybe Citifield...but untrue at a majority of stadiums...both professional and college. Hell, you can't even bring a laptop into the TD Bank Garden.

Edited by Dane96

Check the UA sports website for the new bag policy, which also covers the chair back policy. No seat cushions of any kind. Yes, when talking to the Asst AD my BS detector was pinging, but I tried to be polite. Not sure why but I did. Was enjoying the groveling. Sort of like to do a FOIL to see the official stadium security docs for the first three years. Then we'd know. The idea that we'd throw seats is ridiculous. And if that is a safety concern why did it not matter in the years before the rental seats came out? Yeah.....its not over.

You opened a can of worms, sir. Hahah...this was literally posted 9 minutes ago on the AD's Facebook:

2cqi2s0.jpg

What's even better is the athletic department legit just copied the images straight from the NFL website.

http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp

Edited by UA'08

Check the UA sports website for the new bag policy, which also covers the chair back policy. No seat cushions of any kind. Yes, when talking to the Asst AD my BS detector was pinging, but I tried to be polite. Not sure why but I did. Was enjoying the groveling. Sort of like to do a FOIL to see the official stadium security docs for the first three years. Then we'd know. The idea that we'd throw seats is ridiculous. And if that is a safety concern why did it not matter in the years before the rental seats came out? Yeah.....its not over.

You opened a can of worms, sir. Hahah...this was literally posted 9 minutes ago on the AD's Facebook:

2cqi2s0.jpg

What's even better is the athletic department legit just copied the images straight from the NFL website.

That's the key that this was not a planned policy change but a scramble to fix their seat issue. I just can't believe they swung such the wrong way. Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

My goodness, you just can't let anything go that I post on here.

You can bring bags into Yankee stadium, MSG, and Barclays center. NFL has their own uniform stadium bag policy as expected because the NFL is dumb.

Restricted bags. Hell, my backpack can't be brought in any of those arenas/stadiums. And it is "normal" sized. A 16X16 bag is basically a purse or an over the shoulder mini briefcase (soft). A kids backpack would be generally too large.

And the NFL is soooooo dumb. Forgot about that terrorism thing.

Edited by Dane96

2cqi2s0.jpg

That's the key that this was not a planned policy change but a scramble to fix their seat issue. I just can't believe they swung such the wrong way.

Yup. Honestly, the whole thing is disturbing because all they had to do is "Mea Culpa" themselves. Instead, they come up with a "new policy" change. These are the times when I think our department is run by a fundraiser / promotions guy, which is fine in some instances, rather than an actual administrator. A real leader would have said, "Sorry folks...we screwed up...let me make that better...and I've slapped my team on the wrists for their mistake."

Instead, they are going with the old, "lets make a policy" game.

Joke.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

2cqi2s0.jpg

That's the key that this was not a planned policy change but a scramble to fix their seat issue. I just can't believe they swung such the wrong way.

Yup. Honestly, the whole thing is disturbing because all they had to do is "Mea Culpa" themselves. Instead, they come up with a "new policy" change. These are the times when I think our department is run by a fundraiser / promotions guy, which is fine in some instances, rather than an actual administrator. A real leader would have said, "Sorry folks...we screwed up...let me make that better...and I've slapped my team on the wrists for their mistake."

Instead, they are going with the old, "lets make a policy" game.

Joke.

Email we all got from athletics.. the FAQ is also stolen from the NFL policy website.

What about diaper bags?

Diapers and other baby supplies can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, would be allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the venue. EMAIL

What about diaper bags?

Diapers can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, would be allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the stadium. That is a quite a bit of storage capacity. NFL

Do they think fans are this dumb...

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1