Photo

Coach Abe with the Vote of Confidence

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I like Times Union's article, "Coaching Needs Greatest Call" (Jan. 30, 2013, at 10:12PM), about Coach Abe:

http://www.timesunio...all-4237550.php

It's a good story but...I don't like the talk of Coach Abe leaving to go anywhere.

I certainly don't think she deserves to go to a lower school either after the job she is doing :D

#17 haggyland

haggyland

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Sharessa Richards was not ranked at all and has been terrific so far this season.

I took the time to go to the UVM game, and I walked away highly impressed with Ms. Richards. She ran like a gazelle, and always was involved in the play.

If Coach Abe stays, and Sharessa keeps developing, I am going to make a seriously bold/stupid prediction, and say that Ebony's new record could be in danger.

Find this thread in three years. I will either be an idiot or a genius, but that's the way I roll.

Usually the former with you... :-)

It seems so obvious now, with all of the success that Shereesha has had, but with her joining the 2,000 point club today it seems as good of a time as any to bump this thread up and taunt ClickClick with it.

#18 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

"@nycoach Coach Abrahamson - Henderson NEEDS to be a priority target for any HM gig
What she has done at Albany
@DishNSwish" https://t.co/Pv0MF10BXI

Edited by MRSGDG, 19 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#19 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:27 PM

Sharessa Richards was not ranked at all and has been terrific so far this season.

I took the time to go to the UVM game, and I walked away highly impressed with Ms. Richards. She ran like a gazelle, and always was involved in the play.

If Coach Abe stays, and Sharessa keeps developing, I am going to make a seriously bold/stupid prediction, and say that Ebony's new record could be in danger.

Find this thread in three years. I will either be an idiot or a genius, but that's the way I roll.

Genius

#20 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

Pete Iorizzo: Will UAlbany hoops success lead to coach leaving?

Abrahamson-Henderson has made seven NCAA appearances as a head coach

http://m.timesunion....ave-6925021.php

#21 sarge965

sarge965

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

Pete Iorizzo: Will UAlbany hoops success lead to coach leaving?

Abrahamson-Henderson has made seven NCAA appearances as a head coach

http://m.timesunion....ave-6925021.php

Once again Pete's insight is amazing - Mid-major team wins a first round game - NEWS FLASH EVERYBODY - Other schools may offer Coach a job.

GREAT DECADE TO BE A GREAT DANE

#22 B9j2j6s

B9j2j6s

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Pete should look at our Athletic Department and realize that coaches like to stay. I think the last one to leave was the Vollyball coach at Dayton.

#23 DanesRGood

DanesRGood

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

According to the article she makes $208k.  Wisconsin is a pretty big program and they were paying their coach $300k according to the article.  Maybe she can get a raise here and stay?  The line below is true though.  

Still, it's hard to imagine a fierce competitor like Abrahamson-Henderson wouldn't be interested in an opportunity to increase her salary from $208,000, compete for a national championship and bring her message of empowering young women to a bigger audience.

#24 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

According to that article she has 4 years remaining, which means she received an extension of at least one year after last season.

#25 Oldtimer

Oldtimer

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

YES, the Wisconsin coach made $300,000 but is now without a job.  That is the life of big conference basketball.  Coach Abe deserves a raise, I would suggest something similar to Coach Brown and don't forget the pressure is a little less and the NYS pension is huge.  Great season, I wish I was young enough to hug all those ladies but I would probably get arrested.

#26 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

UCF has a press conference for 1 PM today, supposedly to announce Coach Abe as their new women's basketball coach. I'm hoping this is an April Fools thing.

#27 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

UCF has a press conference for 1 PM today, supposedly to announce Coach Abe as their new women's basketball coach. I'm hoping this is an April Fools thing.

If another school is doing the press conference, I doubt it. I don't see how they would or why they would. Sucks.

EDIT: Nothing is coming up on Google. Where did you see this?

Edited by Eli, 01 April 2016 - 11:27 AM.

GO DANES!!!

#28 BestDaneSinceHamlet

BestDaneSinceHamlet

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:32 AM

Twitter is always the best resource.  Just searched "Coach Abe" and it popped up.  She's gone. 

Incidentally, that's also a good way to scoop Verbal Commits.  Just type in Ualbany offer and you get the info.  I do it a few times a week. 

#29 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

right on the UCF site

http://www.ucfknight.../040116aab.html

#30 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,414 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

WOW! CRAP!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users