UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A quick report from Philly. I'm not sure if I'll be able to catch the game against Denver tomorrow, but a pretty nice day for the future Danes.

They looked really good against Michigan, got beat pretty bad by Ohio St and won against Monmouth but it got a little ragged in the end.

There are some really nice players coming in. We didn't get a roster so it was hard to know who was who, but several of the attackmen look like classic Albany players and I want to say most of them were 2018's and 2019's.

Several potential two way middies and definitely a few guys who can get up and down the field.

We didn't hit a lot of outside shots but Burgmaster and Schwab have nice outside shots. Both goalies were 2017's and will provide good competition down the road. One of them just recently switched from a service academy to Albany.

The defensive guys were all good sized and played well as a group except during the Ohio St game where the they had the ball most of the game. There were several guys cycling between LSM and close defense and one of the poles also took a few faceoffs.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

Denver hosted it in Philadelphia. We drove down and some of the kids flew out for it. I want to say Albany had 20+ recruits there but Nanticoke did not participate. I am guessing there were 8-10 teams that participated with their incoming classes. The coaching staffs had several practice sessions with their players and the teams scrimmaged and Albany played games against Ohio St, Monmouth, and Denver.

There were no rosters of who showed up for the different teams but based upon the games with Ohio St, Denver, and Michigan the size, speed, and skill of Albany was at least on par with the teams who are recruiting aggressively.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

I think anything is fair game with 2017's and 18's and as long as it is instruction the same with the younger guys. I want to say Denver and Hofstra have been hosting this for 3-4 years.

A few schools that also have club teams are "encouraging" their recruits to play there and have made prospect days and other sorts of camps pretty much mandatory.

• 3 weeks later...

2018 M Sam Swingruber as a standout at the IL Committed Academy.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/epoch-il-committed-academy-future-college-stars-who-stood-out-saturday/50204

Don't think he was at the Philadelphia tournament. The 2018 class is looking like another really solid class. The coaching staff just keeps on finding the right players for the Albany system.