UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

ESPN Bracketbuster

Patchy , you need to relax.. ESPN does NOT pick any of the match ups after the TV’s games, it is then done by the conferences and coaches so if Will brown feels he got screwed it was the AE office that screwed him. As for Siena’s record last year..your kidding right? Better look at all the 300 plus RPI teams UA is playing THIS YEAR and Albany has already lost to two of them in UNH and Maine. Canisius will be the 8th plus 300 team Albany has played THIS YEAR. BTW Patch hope you enjoy watching Siena on ESPN for the bracket buster

Actually, that is untrue Tony. There is a bracketbuster committee and they receive the 5 teams that the school wishes to play. The committee makes that final choice.

Funny, after I made this post, the following came out on the blog: "America East commissioner Patrick Nero said the non-televised matchups are determined by a committee that is independent of ESPN. That committee consists of commissioners from the four leagues - the Missouri Valley, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American and Colonial - that have all of their members in the BracketBusters pool.

Nero said the committee takes into account factors such as geography and RPI, while constrained by the fact that of the 100 teams in the BracketBusters pool, 50 are already designated as home teams, the other 50 as road teams.

Nero said the committee tries to match teams that are on each other’s top five list."

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patchy , you need to relax.. ESPN does NOT pick any of the match ups after the TV’s games, it is then done by the conferences and coaches so if Will brown feels he got screwed it was the AE office that screwed him. As for Siena’s record last year..your kidding right? Better look at all the 300 plus RPI teams UA is playing THIS YEAR and Albany has already lost to two of them in UNH and Maine. Canisius will be the 8th plus 300 team Albany has played THIS YEAR. BTW Patch hope you enjoy watching Siena on ESPN for the bracket buster

Actually, that is untrue Tony. There is a bracketbuster committee and they receive the 5 teams that the school wishes to play. The committee makes that final choice.

Funny, after I made this post, the following came out on the blog: "America East commissioner Patrick Nero said the non-televised matchups are determined by a committee that is independent of ESPN. That committee consists of commissioners from the four leagues - the Missouri Valley, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American and Colonial - that have all of their members in the BracketBusters pool.

Nero said the committee takes into account factors such as geography and RPI, while constrained by the fact that of the 100 teams in the BracketBusters pool, 50 are already designated as home teams, the other 50 as road teams.

Nero said the committee tries to match teams that are on each other’s top five list."

That's twice today Tony.

It is fairly obvoius by now when ST posts something, it is wrong

Thanks Patch and Dane96 for finding the correct info and posting it.

If someone knows if any team put Canisus in the 5 teams, please provide that info. I would doubt it and I am one who thinks the maac should not have all thier teams in bracketbuster. It means someone gets stuck playing a team that has no business being there and this year UA drew the short straw.

Siena Tony - I will enjoy watching Siena on TV just like I did vs Loyola and Rider.

Good Luck by the way!!!!!

ps try staying on your own site don't be coming over here to to cause trouble, though I'm sure your welcome to post here - most of us know what we're talking about so don't try to snow us like the puppets on your board.

If ignorance is bliss you must be one of the happiest people in the world!!!!

My bad- I didn’t know the lower ranked conferences like the AE had no voice in the bracket buster

Bob If you aren't an idiot, you make a world-class effort at simulating one

Patch saying most of us know what we're talking about.. has to be the funniest post I’ve seen in awhile. Good luck with that home and home with Umass..BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Adios Boys – enjoy your game with Canisius :-)

Tony you are so infantile.

My bad- I didn’t know the lower ranked conferences like the AE had no voice in the bracket buster

Bob If you aren't an idiot, you make a world-class effort at simulating one

Patch saying most of us know what we're talking about.. has to be the funniest post I’ve seen in awhile. Good luck with that home and home with Umass..BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

First of all let me remind you (counting this season) the AE has out ranked the MAAC in conference RPI two of the last four seasons. To me that shows that they are rather similar conferences.

As for your insinuation about Bob - if you want a clarification of what an idiot looks like, look in the mirror.

Finally I didn't state anything about a home and home with UMASS and neither have most of the posters on this board.

The only one in this thread who stated factually something and again was proven wrong was you.

I must say you are very consistent $.

Thought I’d stop back over with the link where Singelais corrected his blog. Apparently Will Brown had Canisius #3 on his list of preferred opponents. Now personally I don’t care, if you don’t have a TV game it doesn’t make much difference. But like I correctly stated yesterday Will Brown asked for Canisius. Now if I was to think like the twin geniuses Bob 87 and patch, I’d say it’s disgraceful that Brown is trying to pad his won loss record with his 8th plus 300 opponent of the year. But of course I wouldn’t stoop to that level. In the future I just hope they keep the name calling to themselves so they don’t look quite so uninformed.

have fun spinning this one boys!!

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?p=594

Siena Tony - I'll wait to see if Singelais continues to provide incorrect info but I stick by my comments as being correct.

Tony - thanks for your insight - but it isn't totally correct as usual.

Coaches do get to pick preferred opponents (5, I believe) but that doesn't mean they'll match up - so therefore the committee selects who they want.

Let's see if Singelais blogs the info Brown could have had Canisius on his list or he may not have.

Singelais's info changes everytime he blogs......

And this blog omitted some of the league commissioners who are on the committee that selects the non-televised matchups. The full committee includes: Rich Ensor (Metro Atlantic), Dennis Farrell (Big West), Karl Benson (Western Athletic), Doug Elgin (Missouri Valley), Jon LeCrone (Horizon), Rick Chryst (Mid American), Jon Steinbrecher (Ohio Valley) and Tom Yeager (Colonial). -Singelais's TU Blog

It doesn't matter much to me because this game sucks this year and will suck even more next year when we have to have them at home.

Patch , its really no big deal if you don’t get a TV game. Since Singelais quotes your AD and a source in the AE office I’d have to believe it’s true. Canisius is a bus ride away. Just remember that next time you try and take shots at Siena.( or me) Good luck in the game. BTW Canisius is very young this year, they might be decent by next year don’t be so quick to write it off as bad game.

Good luck Tonight and the rest of the year!!

Thought I’d stop back over with the link where Singelais corrected his blog. Apparently Will Brown had Canisius #3 on his list of preferred opponents. Now personally I don’t care, if you don’t have a TV game it doesn’t make much difference. But like I correctly stated yesterday Will Brown asked for Canisius. Now if I was to think like the twin geniuses Bob 87 and patch, I’d say it’s disgraceful that Brown is trying to pad his won loss record with his 8th plus 300 opponent of the year. But of course I wouldn’t stoop to that level. In the future I just hope they keep the name calling to themselves so they don’t look quite so uninformed.

have fun spinning this one boys!!

http://blogs.timesunion.com/collegesports/?p=594

As usual you can't make it through a post without being wrong. As anyone can see, you are the only one on this thread calling others names. All I implied is your history of posting facts is unreliable and anything you state as a fact, I need to see confirmed by others before I will believe it at all.

And even you are correct about Brown having Cansisus on his list you have enough wrong on this thread that you are still not reliable.

Here are 3 of your quotes in this thread

1. "Will Brown picked Canisius",

2. "For those of you interested ESPNU will break down the pairings for the teams in the bracketbuster tonight at 6:30 on ESPNU"

Posted Tuesday,

3. "so if Will brown feels he got screwed it was the AE office that screwed him."

1. Will Brown does not unilaterally pick teams. A committee does.

2. Show wasn't on 6:30 on tuesday, maybe it was monday the date of the press release.

3. Nowhere is it documented the AE office has anything to do with the selections.

Patch ,(1) its really no big deal if you don’t get a TV game. Since Singelais quotes your AD and a source in the AE office I’d have to believe it’s true............ (2)Just remember that next time you try and take shots at Siena.( or me) Good luck in the game. (3) BTW Canisius is very young this year, they might be decent by next year don’t be so quick to write it off as bad game. - Siena Tony

Tony you're unbelievable....

1. We all knew UA wasn't even in consideration for a Bracketbuster TV game. Congrats on Siena finally getting one.

2. Remember what ? - Do you speak in riddles ?

3. It doesn't matter if Canisius beats us this year or next year, I just don't think it's a game I'd like to see on our home schedule. Manhattan, Holy Cross, Iona etc. are more recognizable names.

Good Luck to you Friday, also.

Patch and Bob no offense- but neither of you really are that bright are you?

Bob you first- Do your self a favor before you make a bigger jerk of yourself. Read Singelais blog and then tell me how many teams UA is playing with a RPI over 300 this year-

Patch - No need to thank me for breaking the news for this board on who Will Brown picked for the BB game, obviously most on this board are either uniformed or the ones that do know stay away from the uniformed whack’s that inhabit this board. Time for me to go, no offense to the good Albany fans but I feel soiled just reading Patch and Bob’s crap. I can understand why posters on the AE board dislike you Patch and Bob is just well Bob…

Bob you first- Do your self a favor before you make a bigger jerk of yourself. Read Singelais blog and then tell me how many teams UA is playing with a RPI over 300 this year-

What does that have to do with any of your 3 factual errors. And don't forget I am even giving you the benefit of the doubt on whether Singelais was correct on the time he said Canisius was on UA's list as opposed to the time he didn't.

Got to wonder why you are so obsessed with coming over here and showing all Albany fans on this board how little you know.

Archived